Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still cant believe we've stayed up.
36 points. Not even a point per game ratio. And 34 goals. Even Relegated Burnley last year scored 35.

Maybe we are destined to always be in the top flight.

Just going by statistics this does feel the year team should've dropped.

TEN home defeats out of 19. I mean in previous seasons the home form has always been mid table, won 9 at Goodison in 20/21 for example and think it was 7/8 in 97/98 season

Still can't get my head around only scoring more than one goal in just one home game all season either. Even teams that finish rock bottom score more often than that given Southampton scored four today. Basically means you don't win a home game if you concede so that simply must be improved upon next season.

Just two away wins all season for second successive although at least there were some decent draws and that is important for next season to get back towards that holy grail mid table spot.

Standards are really really low currently but it does show how bad you have to be to actually get relegated. Luckily the club still has ability to grind out a few 1-0s when it really is last chance saloon.

Its the watching of other teams results that have took it out of me, its a shame the money men stole our summer world cup away as I could really do with watching some footy just for the sake of watching it
If it wasn't for keeping on seeing Leicester/Leeds scores popping up, I didn't have a clue on other results...
Even now seeing them about 100 times I still couldn't answer correctly on what they were.

All done and dusted in 100mins of Ass clenching footy instead of spread over 3 days of clenching. Aswell as my mind, My backside definitely does feel relieved for once this season !!!

Leicester weren’t relegated today, they were relegated after the Newcastle match. They had their own destiny in their own hands before kickoff on Monday, and didn’t take advantage.
Deano, Shakey and JT's roper-doper trick.

You couldn't make it up.

three-stooges-hello.gif

What the hell was all that about. We should have gone down after that abomination of a season..im almost embarrassed we survived..hopefully Kenwright et al share my shame but i wouldnt hold my breath

I, for one, am thankful Leeds decided to sack Marsch and bring in Garcia and BFS. They likely would have survived at our expense, instead they picked up only 9 points from the last 16, and went from a -7 GD to -30.
Not sure why you think Marsch would have kept them up, he was a likeable guy but he was a useless manager, the guys who came after were worse id agree with that

If you could pick a picture to sum up this season perfectly, I'd have to go for that 'Doucs sitting on the ball pic'
Just think that would be perfect. The impact that lad made to our team/safety just from a simple change of manager...

It was a pic of us as a club, not a player.

Just going by statistics this does feel the year team should've dropped.

TEN home defeats out of 19. I mean in previous seasons the home form has always been mid table, won 9 at Goodison in 20/21 for example and think it was 7/8 in 97/98 season

Still can't get my head around only scoring more than one goal in just one home game all season either. Even teams that finish rock bottom score more often than that given Southampton scored four today. Basically means you don't win a home game if you concede so that simply must be improved upon next season.

Just two away wins all season for second successive although at least there were some decent draws and that is important for next season to get back towards that holy grail mid table spot.

Standards are really really low currently but it does show how bad you have to be to actually get relegated. Luckily the club still has ability to grind out a few 1-0s when it really is last chance saloon.
Mid-Table is not the holy grail but today I know what you mean.

Its the watching of other teams results that have took it out of me, its a shame the money men stole our summer world cup away as I could really do with watching some footy just for the sake of watching it
Am actually made up to reclaim my weekends for a few months. Turn off the TV, stop spouting my bs on here for a while and actually enjoy life for a bit before Everton return to ruin it in August.

Silently celebrating mediocrity at 3.30am in the morning in bed is not what a fan of the Everton Football Club should be subjected to.

Our downfall has been extraordinary and this summer becomes absolutely crucial.

We are bang average Club and squad.

Hoping the MSP investment gives the Club some breathing room and the ability to inject funds into the squad. We have surely used all our lives up now, two massive warnings, if we don't rebuild over the Summer, then we will be opening BMD in the Championship.

Nothing to celebrate at all...

You’re not wrong but why do we go with this instead of the fact that we’ve had more seasons in the top flight than any club on the planet? What is it now? 121 years?
Good point. The media use the 70 years so that it sounds like we've had fewer top-flight seasons than Arsenal, which obviously is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.