Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thats what I am saying, we don't gamble on him! We get other players in and have actual options.

There is no gamble then and you dont get rid of a decent player for buttons (which is what we would get currently).
So how much do we spend on 2 players to cover for him to sit in the stand and take a good salary for being injured most of the season. It's time he gets fit or he goes

Brentford as well less Toney

They've just beaten Spurs and Man. City (b team) without him so can't see their form falling off a cliff. What's certain is they'll have a plan in place to replace him and won't just realise the day before opening day that he's suspended for another six months.

Given his profile Gyokeres from Coventry would be a good replacement or perhaps they'll sign someone from europe.

I actually think if Forest keep calm they've got a decent spine to build on given how they've finished this season but they'll probably sign ten randoms instead.

I think the teams coming up are pretty weak but beyond that I'm not sure they'll be 3-4 dropping seriously into relegation from mid table pack like West Ham, Wolves and Leicester did.

Finishing above say Villa aswell is a bit of a pipe dream currently, they must've taken about 45 points in half a season since Emery turned up.

We were in this situation for a few reasons; general mismanagement at the top of the club (e.g. owner buying players for a manager as a gift and having too much influence on other purchases) a Chairman and CEO who were too weak to challenge the owner (I think just trying to keep the salary/perks of the job), a couple of terrible managerial selections (that fellah from across the park and Lampard who has very little managerial ability), terrible recruitment (e.g. remember all those No.10s we bought and then not buying decent back up strikers), then the terrible luck with injuries (Mina, DCL, Coleman, Townsend - remember Godfrey suffering an ankle break in the opening minutes of the season).

Dyche and the available players managed to get us out of the situation (with some players contributing more than others).

Thank you to those who helped and get lost those that didn't (Kenwright, Baxendale, Benitez, Lampard)

So how much do we spend on 2 players to cover for him to sit in the stand and take a good salary for being injured most of the season. It's time he gets fit or he goes
Its not as straight forward as that though. All clubs should have 3 or so strikers of a decent standard who can play without a massive gulf of talent like we currently have.

Of course if a big offer comes in we would do well to take it, but that offer won't come. I'm talking proper options, not Maupay style signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.