Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodison crowd will keep us up again. You can't win them all at home. Dyche has won most of his home games, but you'll lose some.

Bournemouth may already be safe last game and I don't think Newcastle will be able to handle the atmosphere. Leicester away also key. We should be okay.
These players won’t respond to the atmosphere. They’ll hide and crumble this time. It’s already nervy, and the crowd are exhausted dragging these lemmings to points. Even if they do respond, there isn’t the quality to capitalise. Should have been 2 ahead at half time. The game was literally right there to win.

I thought we’d be fine when we cut out the soft goals and stopped missing the sitters which was happening in the early games Dyche lost points. But it still happens every game, multiple times, it’s not luck it’s just crap.

Bet Dyche would have loved to rip them all new arseholes for that wet performance, but he won’t have done. He will know already that the usual suspects will bring the bus to FF on Monday to throw him under, making a turnaround more unlikely. There will be anonymous questionnaires aplenty this week.

Problem is winning two out of the last three home games "only" takes the team to 33 points and the GD isn't great now.

The formula is simple now and actually a little similar to the situation this time last year.

Need to dig out a Chelsea style shock 1-0 win from somewhere to galvanise everyone and get the crowd onside. Man. City or Newcastle, think we know which one is more likely.

Then need to back that up by going away somewhere and winning like Leicester away.....

Do that and Bournemouth at home is a one off Palace style atmosphere and hopefully similar result.

However as said above there just isn't the same feel as last year where a proper relegation scrap was actually something new for a generation of fans and there was obviously far better quality in final third with Gordon, Richi and a working DCL.

Go behind in games and there's hardly any proven attacking game changers on the bench. Way it's going Gray will probably be dropped down to the bench next week as surely have to go with 3 man central midfield to try to get close to Eze.

I think we are done. I saw nothing at all to give me any positivity today

As always, we struggled to create but also missed 2 or 3 big chances when we did have our spell. Go in 2-1 and arguably its a different game.

Our defending throughout the game was shambolic. The space we left was crazy. On transitions, we were all over the place. We didnt show enough desire to work back. And our midfield didn't look up for the fight. If we cant be organised we have no chance, especially with such defensive and passive tactics.

The manager picked totally the wrong team. Took going 1 down for him to change to a more balanced system. Then did not react to the 2-1 by making subs and let Fulham put the game out of reach before making changes. He had no answers and looked out of his depth. I dont see someone good enough to manage Everton.

Most concerning of all was that we gave up after it went 1-2. The lack of response to conceding a second was not acceptable. We lay down and didn't fight to get back into it. I cant accept that lack of fight in our situation.

We need 3 wins from 7. That means winning at least 1 away game and a tough home game. I dont see any evidence we can do it.

Difficult? Yes. Tough? Well put your self in the shoes of Leicester, Leeds or Forest.
their games are tougher… quite a lot tougher….
I know we’re all depressed and can’t see where the next point is coming form, but if we take a step back, we’re in a better situation than the other three..

On what planet is Leicester’s run in a lot tougher than ours..

They have Wolves, Us(is there an easier home game than that) and West Ham left at home, and that lot across the park who have been terrible away. Aswell as games at Leeds and Fulham.

We’ve won 1 away all season. And 2/3 remaining home games are v Man City and Newcastle.

I fear Leicester especially now.

We needed to be 3 or 5 points ahead to hold them off.

I think we're another loss away fro a collapse.

This was massive this game and the players who were out there didn't respond. Yes we are unlucky with injuries, but we needed to build a platform at HT when we were on top.

The resolve looks in short supply. I'm struggling now with this.
We're in a collapse, Dave. Four games without a win, one win in our last eight, our last away win (our only one this season) was on the 1st October. We've taken nine points away from home all season and of our three remaining home games, two are against the teams who are second and third in the league. We probably need nine points from six games, maybe more, it's looking bleak.

Problem is winning two out of the last three home games "only" takes the team to 33 points and the GD isn't great now.

The formula is simple now and actually a little similar to the situation this time last year.

Need to dig out a Chelsea style shock 1-0 win from somewhere to galvanise everyone and get the crowd onside. Man. City or Newcastle, think we know which one is more likely.

Then need to back that up by going away somewhere and winning like Leicester away.....

Do that and Bournemouth at home is a one off Palace style atmosphere and hopefully similar result.

However as said above there just isn't the same feel as last year where a proper relegation scrap was actually something new for a generation of fans and there was obviously far better quality in final third with Gordon, Richi and a working DCL.

Go behind in games and there's hardly any proven attacking game changers on the bench. Way it's going Gray will probably be dropped down to the bench next week as surely have to go with 3 man central midfield to try to get close to Eze.

To be honest, I think 33 points might keep us up.

I reckon it is going to be a real low threshold this season such is the low standard of the botton five teams.

I'm really torn. Part of me thinks I'd feel better if we just went down and gambled that this brought about the complete sweeping away of players who aren't bothered and the inept, inadequate and incompetent board who have brought us to this position. 2 years of scrutinising the results of Burnley, Watford, Leeds, Southampton and Leicester is just grim. If it wasn't for the potential financial armageddon I'd think a year in the Championship would be short term pain for long term gain. Grim.
The morons who run this club will still run it in the Championship, they won't suddenly quit and they won't suddenly know how to run a football club. Relegation is an existential threat to Everton football club. Forget about the stadium, if we go down Everton may cease to exist in its current incarnation. Kenwright, Moshiri and Usmanov are uncomfortably close to killing this club entirely. Relegation will only hasten that. We must stay up. Sadly, it's not looking likely that we will.

I accepted relegation today

We need to win more away games in the next few weeks than we have in the last two years. We won't be beating Newcastle and City, so its on away games. Forget Bournemouth because it could be finished by then.

It's not happening is it

In normal times I wouldn't be too bothered about relegation. The Premier league isn't great. But the club even continuing isn't guaranteed. We need a miracle now

To be honest, I think 33 points might keep us up.

I reckon it is going to be a real low threshold this season such is the low standard of the botton five teams.

Nah too low for me. A few weeks back Bournemouth were on about 24. Good chance of making 40 points now.

If Leeds beat Leicester at home they're on 32 points (and have a decent GD this year).

Forest beat Southampton at home and they're on 30 points so would then need a shock win and draw from somewhere else.

Need to be hitting 35 to have a serious chance I think. Big ask after that second half performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.