Votes: 27 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 28 19.4%
  • I’ve had a few

Votes: 89 61.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I regret being the winning sperm made by my father that ended up with me having to become an Evertonian. That’s what I regret.

spending most of the last year getting my 3 y o daughter into Everton, Richarlison hand-washing song, kit and all.
Our former managers are respectively managing the #1 ranked nation in world football, Barcelona, and Real Madrid. I can't help but think if we expect whoever the new person is to change our fortunes we're in cloud cuckoo land. We've had 30 years of disappointment, we should be used to it by now and settle into a life of midtable cannon fodder.

I said 100 times in the last year that if Ancelotti can't change this, and all this money, James, good players etc, can't make a difference, there's definitely something rotten behind the scenes. 6 managers in 5 years is terrible. I think i need a break, this godforsaken club is finally damaging my health, but I keep checking all my alerts and sports pages and this forum every 5 mins

Our former managers are respectively managing the #1 ranked nation in world football, Barcelona, and Real Madrid. I can't help but think if we expect whoever the new person is to change our fortunes we're in cloud cuckoo land. We've had 30 years of disappointment, we should be used to it by now and settle into a life of midtable cannon fodder.
I accepted we’ll never be good for any sustained period and will never win anything again a long time ago. Unfortunately now I think we’ll be relegated inside 10 years but it is what it is. Clubs knackered.

The sooner we accept our place as nothing other than fodder for the bigger teams the better really. We're living on past glories, we have a spineless overpaid and overrated squad and the club is full of cowards from top to bottom.

Horrible horrible club that brings very little other than misery to it's fanbase, although in fairness a lot of the fanbase appear to thrive on misery so they're well matched.
Really threw some sunshine down there.

Feel for Moshi, but he's a bit of idiot when it comes to football decisions and he's been had off big time by most of the absolute chancers he's employed.

If he goes with benitez I'm not sure where that leaves us tbh - it will fracture the fan base.

Koeman and Walsh - Jesus, where to start there.

Sigurdsson being the record signing for the club makes my piss boil - never wanted him, we didn't need him and he's done nothing but get stinking rich out of us, the complete fraud.

Last big regret is believing and really getting behind Ancelotti, even when some of the footy he served up was dire - I thought he got us and given time I think he could have sorted us out, but it seems it was all bollocks and he wasn't genuine.

Mosh has to deliver BMD, and by all accounts it is going to happen, so I will be forever grateful to him for that, but the on field stuff has been abysmal since he got involved.

The sooner we accept our place as nothing other than fodder for the bigger teams the better really. We're living on past glories, we have a spineless overpaid and overrated squad and the club is full of cowards from top to bottom.

Horrible horrible club that brings very little other than misery to it's fanbase, although in fairness a lot of the fanbase appear to thrive on misery so they're well matched.

I'm normally really optimistic and wouldn't like this way of thinking, but one way which would work is taking your idea forward and being a bit more humble about our position, and 'what we deserve'. Supposing we accepted that the best we can do is top 10, considering everything - finances, quality of our players etc, and we were happy with whatever we achieved above that? What if we just embraced the mentality that we're a small club punching above our weight happily, and we worked on stuff like club culture, young players, buying from lower leagues and smaller clubs...and then we do that well for a couple of years...what if we do celebrate draws and the odd win against bigger clubs, the odd cup run, like a lower division or smaller team just enjoying the moment....do that for a while consistently... and
then we take the next step

I wish Moshiri had coincided with the end of Moyes' time here, because maybe money + those conditions we had with Moyes might have been a good mix. I.e. a few attacking players in that Moyes XI, or a better first XI coach, or investment in training, science, Finch Farm at that time in 2013

I don't think we can buy our way to success with top players and managers. We have to build it over 5-10 years. and I dont' think the board are clear on how to approach this either!

I'm so beyond caring about the modern game it counts for nothing. I'm past the point where my happiness relies on things out of my control, revolving around a bunch of millionaire mercenaries hoofing a bladder around a rectangle slightly less well than another bunch if millionaire mercenaries.

The only regret I have can be traced back to the rebranding into the Premier league and then Sky's involvement. I lost my sport in those days. Now I simply follow a business out of sentimentality as I embrace Taoism.
100% this. Watching these over-paid social media influencers playing Skyball makes me physically sick. I have watched 45 mins of the Euros and didn't watch a minute of non-Everton games last season. Football has been slowly dying for years. The majority of the fanboys who "support" their teams these days have nothing in common with me, and actually infuriate me. iPads, selfies, using FIFA terminology like "CDM" or "Wing Forward", talking about XG and obscure stats. Absolute whoppers

100% this. Watching these over-paid social media influencers playing Skyball makes me physically sick. I have watched 45 mins of the Euros and didn't watch a minute of non-Everton games last season. Football has been slowly dying for years. The majority of the fanboys who "support" their teams these days have nothing in common with me, and actually infuriate me. iPads, selfies, using FIFA terminology like "CDM" or "Wing Forward", talking about XG and obscure stats. Absolute whoppers
All that obsession they have delving deeper into game stats and opta stats is powered by misplaced sexual frustration.

To me its the emperor's new clothes. Nobody dare say its irrelevant, misleading or pseudo-scientific as so many people collect cash blagging about it. Its nothing to do with the enjoyable, exciting, unpredictable football as I knew it as a kid.

Five and a half years on from Moshiri taking over Everton we are at a stage where a despised ex Liverpool manager who called us a small club is to take over a squad with overpaid players signed by five different managers, while the team remains mid table.

The overwhelming narrative from fans was that Everton just need investment from a wealthy owner and success would follow, instead some say it has been a toxicity brought into the club alienating the players further from the fans. The same fans that others are saying are the tail that wags the Everton dog into making rash decisions.

After Allardyce representing the club and Sammy Lee on the touch line I wonder if this latest humiliation makes some feel regret.
Boooo! Hissssss! USM USM!

Boooo! Hissssss! USM USM!
Don’t boo and hiss, the real boss is taking over the running of the club, Moshiri has only been minding the shop, helped? by soft lad, soft lad has now been put in his place and Usmanov will now, hopefully get things moving in the right direction, still from the outside looking in, but moving people around, soft lad will be making the tea and giving the biscuits out ‘til they find out he can’t even bleedin’ make a decent cup of tea. My regret is that Usmanov didn’t do this five years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.