Votes: 28 19.4%
  • I’ve had a few

Votes: 89 61.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
Five and a half years on from Moshiri taking over Everton we are at a stage where a despised ex Liverpool manager who called us a small club is to take over a squad with overpaid players signed by five different managers, while the team remains mid table.

The overwhelming narrative from fans was that Everton just need investment from a wealthy owner and success would follow, instead some say it has been a toxicity brought into the club alienating the players further from the fans. The same fans that others are saying are the tail that wags the Everton dog into making rash decisions.

After Allardyce representing the club and Sammy Lee on the touch line I wonder if this latest humiliation makes some feel regret.

I do believe we would have been worse off under the previous ownership, so no regrets from me up until this point.

Allardyce was a stop gap and as it goes he got us back to a respectable finishing place that season.

Appointing this turd though would make me reconsider.

Realistically without Moshiri we'd be relegated by now. Yes we've made some major errors (in hindsight) but you also have to look at the other teams surrounded by cash in the Premier League.

No regrets.

We'd be no worse off if we hadn't been taken over and had retained Martinez as manager.

It was the right decision to replace him at the time, but we certainly are no better off than if we had kept him as manager. It's been wrong decision after wrong decision since 2016. Poor recruitment is the major issue.

I'm so beyond caring about the modern game it counts for nothing. I'm past the point where my happiness relies on things out of my control, revolving around a bunch of millionaire mercenaries hoofing a bladder around a rectangle slightly less well than another bunch if millionaire mercenaries.

The only regret I have can be traced back to the rebranding into the Premier league and then Sky's involvement. I lost my sport in those days. Now I simply follow a business out of sentimentality as I embrace Taoism.

Status
Not open for further replies.