Votes: 27 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 28 19.4%
  • I’ve had a few

Votes: 89 61.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be content with that, I'm not. My point is that things won't change until we see a club style or method - this is set from the top, standard business practice really so I am surprised Moshiri has not adopted this. Maybe he is expecting Brands to do it, but currently it is absent.

Questions to answer

What does he want Everton style to be
What is his real expectations
How will he get there and what are the steps along the way to show progress
Who will deliver this and do they buy into the vision

It then follows you appoint managers and buy players that will play to the plan. Of course the plan may be wrong, but at least we would all know the purpose and direction of the club, which currently appears rudderless.
I'm not content with it, I'm resigned to it.

I wanted the 10oz. steak, but the Rafael news made me a bit sick, so I went for the 6oz. steak. It was a great steak. Tender, juicy, and flavorful. All the right attributes for a great steak. I will never let this club ruin food for me again.

Shudder to think it's been a long time since I've seen any team play with intensity. Even at the euros right now, maybe Sweden's defending against Spain comes close but too often it's discouraged as it is tactically something that makes you more prone to mistakes.

Modern football has replaced intensity with what Martinez called Swagga.
I think some teams do. Liverpool, city, muncih, athletico, they press well as a unit anyway off the ball with speed. At least give us some of that.

Our former managers are respectively managing the #1 ranked nation in world football, Barcelona, and Real Madrid. I can't help but think if we expect whoever the new person is to change our fortunes we're in cloud cuckoo land. We've had 30 years of disappointment, we should be used to it by now and settle into a life of midtable cannon fodder.

Right, but clubs such as City, Leicester and the RS could have settled into comfortable Championship existences and instead went on to get promoted and lift the league trophy and the FA Cup.

It seems obvious enough that the problems are internal to the club. It seems equally obvious that they've been going unacknowledged and unaddressed for some time now. We were hoping for new ownership to shake things up. He hasn't. Then again, it took about this long for the new ownership over at the RS to get similarly tired of mediocrity and bring in the answer in the form of a German who, by German standards, belongs in a mental asylum.

The sooner we accept our place as nothing other than fodder for the bigger teams the better really. We're living on past glories, we have a spineless overpaid and overrated squad and the club is full of cowards from top to bottom.

Horrible horrible club that brings very little other than misery to it's fanbase, although in fairness a lot of the fanbase appear to thrive on misery so they're well matched.

I wanted the 10oz. steak, but the Rafael news made me a bit sick, so I went for the 6oz. steak. It was a great steak. Tender, juicy, and flavorful. All the right attributes for a great steak. I will never let this club ruin food for me again.
Having Rafael as manager will be a big 'mis-steak' as far as I'm concerned. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Right, but clubs such as City, Leicester and the RS could have settled into comfortable Championship existences and instead went on to get promoted and lift the league trophy and the FA Cup.

It seems obvious enough that the problems are internal to the club. It seems equally obvious that they've been going unacknowledged and unaddressed for some time now. We were hoping for new ownership to shake things up. He hasn't. Then again, it took about this long for the new ownership over at the RS to get similarly tired of mediocrity and bring in the answer in the form of a German who, by German standards, belongs in a mental asylum.
He's already in a mental asylum. It's called Anfield.

The sooner we accept our place as nothing other than fodder for the bigger teams the better really. We're living on past glories, we have a spineless overpaid and overrated squad and the club is full of cowards from top to bottom.

Horrible horrible club that brings very little other than misery to it's fanbase, although in fairness a lot of the fanbase appear to thrive on misery so they're well matched.
good post that Bungle. And I feel there is an aspect of Stockholm Syndrome in the supporters' relationship with the Club. Me? I have long accepted I support a losers outfit...and I just let the sardonic designs in my humour deal with that....as do you I think

Yeh I really regret getting relegated.

I think you omitted a f
Our former managers are respectively managing the #1 ranked nation in world football, Barcelona, and Real Madrid. I can't help but think if we expect whoever the new person is to change our fortunes we're in cloud cuckoo land. We've had 30 years of disappointment, we should be used to it by now and settle into a life of midtable cannon fodder.

The Coventry City of the 21st century.

We'd be no worse off if we hadn't been taken over and had retained Martinez as manager.

It was the right decision to replace him at the time, but we certainly are no better off than if we had kept him as manager. It's been wrong decision after wrong decision since 2016. Poor recruitment is the major issue.
If we had kept Martinez for another season we would have been fighting a relegation battle. You must have the shortest of short memories if Martinez' third season doesn't leap to mind when thinking about why he was sacked.

There has been a litany of awful decisions since then, many of them in recruitment as you rightly mention. But we are categorically better off now than we would be had we given Bobby the Clown another season.

I remember reading an article on this subject in Forbes. The owner of Southampton is something like twice as rich as Moshiri.

Obviously we can bring in more vis sponsorships than saints etc and we have Usmanov operating in some capacity

But yeah people need to see that Moshiri is pretty average in terms of owner wealth

Status
Not open for further replies.