Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see what's mysterious about that booking. Arsenal get a free kick, last 10 mins of a game they're winning, Xhaka does that "goes to take it, hesitates, goes to take it again, gesticulates at his teammates" thing that most players do in that position, trying to waste time and get away with it but he takes about 20 seconds and isn't quite cute enough about it so Marriner rightly books him.

It's not an odd booking at all.

Surely if anyone should be investigated for match fixing it would be Xhaka. Easy for him to say "yeah, we're bound to get a free kick of throw in in the last 10 mins so i'll waste time till i get a booking, stick your money on it" thats pretty likely. But the ref booking a player in the last 10 mins? Xhaka's always a good candidate but he still has to do something to get the booking that is out of the refs hands.

Unless it's a blatant booking for nothing, which in this case it wasn't.

Unless there's more to it.
I think it has been stated that the Arsenal player nor the clubs are under investigation so who else is there to investigate?

Its not us but im almost certain refs are corrupt.
I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, we defo seen some questionable decisions last season, but in that article they use the example that Xhaka was booked for time wasting after taking over 20 seconds to take a free kick when arsenal were winning.

Pretty cut and dry case of a yellow card imo.

Wasn't Everton (Oumar Niasse), the only club to receive a red for 'simulation'? Some vague memory recalls perhaps a West Ham player getting one too? Regardless, it is obvious to my non-tin foil hatted mind, that Everton get the short end of the stick from officials....and so egregiously, that I proclaim conspiracy..

Wasn't Everton (Oumar Niasse), the only club to receive a red for 'simulation'? Some vague memory recalls perhaps a West Ham player getting one too? Regardless, it is obvious to my non-tin foil hatted mind, that Everton get the short end of the stick from officials....and so egregiously, that I proclaim conspiracy..
I believe he was the only player banned for “successful deception of a referee“
No red card in the match but later given 2 match ban for winning a penalty by “diving”.

No red card in the match but later given 2 match ban for winning a penalty by “diving”.
I think it was technically "embellishing". Like Salah or Sterling or anyone else of that ilk didn't do the same fn thing.

Another referee (of sorts) retiring I see. This time Mike Riley. Conspiracy theory I know, but is this glut of them going a case of jumping before they're pushed?
Taking the Collina route I reckon. Go quickly before someone starts to do their job properly and look too closely at what's going on ...

Yeah, i think that there was contact but he 'fell over to easily' - unlike all the rest of them. Wasn't Danny (utterly loathsome) Murphy on the panel who decided on the punishment?

Status
Not open for further replies.