Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't see what the motivation for a conspiracy against us would be? Most football fans couldn't care less about us and I'm not sure the authorities give us too much thought either. In Ancelotti's full lockdown season we got quite a few dodgy decisions, the handball penalty at Crystal Palace springs immediately to mind, but I don't think that was intentional either. It's just a coincidence. What is not a coincidence is how many decisions the scab six get, but you can see the commercial motivation behind that. The PL don't care if we win, lose or draw and I don't think they care if we are relegated or not either.
remember when Niasse was the only player to be penalised for that rule about diving or simulation? some lump of a Crystal Palace defender stepped across him and we got the penalty but retrospective action got Niasse banned. var before var was invented - we got shafted then as well as now. its a working class sport that has been destroyed and monetised. theres two motives for starters.

Howard Webb replacing Mike Riley as the big cheese at the PGMOL.
Another one who will be pandering to the whims of them across Stanley Park (as he did when he was a referee!).
OMFG! Just when you think you might get a break from total inadequacy.
Question if I may. Didn't this egotist have this job for a while before Old Mother Riley stumbled across it? I'm sure he did shortly after retiring.
Could be wrong, which would be of no surprise.

remember when Niasse was the only player to be penalised for that rule about diving or simulation? some lump of a Crystal Palace defender stepped across him and we got the penalty but retrospective action got Niasse banned. var before var was invented - we got shafted then as well as now. its a working class sport that has been destroyed and monetised. theres two motives for starters.
Against us specifically? I don't see how.

Against us specifically? I don't see how.
touche, i didnt answer your post properly and you`d already mentioned the money aspect, fair dooz. would you concede the media/pundits care about us? i think they do- they care enough to concoct a story when decisions go against us. this season vTottenham `Richarlison got up too quickly so he didnt get a pen` etc etc anyway, i`ll leave it there mate, if you are content to see things the way you do i`m not going to try to change your mind as i presume you mustve seen the same stuff as me.

4A32884F-F883-4D68-835A-CA338803D9BD.jpeg

….this man seriously made me doubt the legitimacy of the game in this country.

how much will these clowns influence this season? no matter how good or bad a team is, these ****ers can dictate the outcome of any game.

I reckon that there are early signs that the powers that be are starting to go easy on us.
The reason I say this is that following Richarlison's one match ban, I had been expecting the PL to decree that as Richarlison is no longer an Everton player, then it is we that should still be punished and not Spurs, his new club.

They're all shockingly bad refs, no matter who is announced that is always my reaction
If the Prem has certain outcomes it prefers, it would explain why the pool of referees has become a disgrace. No one with a shred of self-respect would pick up those checks. They would go somewhere else that did not have those external pressures, or find something else to do for a living.

Forget everything else in the game, a serious injury would have been avoided if the officials had done their job properly and signalled that the ball had indeed gone a yard and a half over the byline. Absolutely woeful standard as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.