Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

The decision not to give a penalty I believe is purely because the premier league in tandem with Sky want the league title to go down to the last kick of the season if at all possible. If that decision is given and we score there was real chance Liverpool would have dropped points, that doesn't suit the agenda. I don't believe its anything against us. It's corruption all the same though.

I didn't think it was an obvious penalty yesterday. Gordon didn't help himself by diving a lot in the first half which would definitely have been in the referee's mind. It was noticeable that after that he stayed on his feet more. He could absolutely have given it, but it was one you get 5/10 at home and probably 2/10 away. The Burnley one Gordon "won" was never a penalty.

The decision not to give a penalty I believe is purely because the premier league in tandem with Sky want the league title to go down to the last kick of the season if at all possible. If that decision is given and we score there was real chance Liverpool would have dropped points, that doesn't suit the agenda. I don't believe its anything against us. It's corruption all the same though.

We did get the 2 pens at Burnley.

Whether it was a pen or not (it is as he also stands on his foot) it’s a completely flawed logic because that absolute snide of a ref let Liverpool take the goal kick 5 seconds after it went out, meaning VAR couldn’t check it. They normally need about a minute to check things, but that ref let Liverpool ref the game yesterday at Anfield. Guarantee if that scenario happens at Brighton v Southampton, the ref stops the game straight away when it goes out and VAR reviews it.

Absolutely sick of this nonsense VAR provides

Gordon doesn't dive and get booked in the first half maybe the ref sees things different on the Matip push.

I think continuing to blame the officials is why we're 18th. We had two pens against Burnley and cocked it up.
It wasn't a "Matip push", it was a foul in the penalty area which was obvious to everyone including the officials. The decision on whether or not to give a penalty shouldn't depend on what happened in the game at any time before the incident, it should depend on whether the incident was a foul at the present time. And it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.