Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
The standard of refereeing in the PL is shambolic. This year has been abysmal and some of the calls are inexplicable. The big team bias is out if control.
It is very bad. I can't really get behind the widespread corruption angle because I just don't believe something that massive can avoid spilling out. But the bias is clearly there and I don't even really know how you can fix it.

Gordon doesn't dive and get booked in the first half maybe the ref sees things different on the Matip push.

I think continuing to blame the officials is why we're 18th. We had two pens against Burnley and cocked it up.

Gordon doesn't dive and get booked in the first half maybe the ref sees things different on the Matip push.

I think continuing to blame the officials is why we're 18th. We had two pens against Burnley and cocked it up.
It's a ridiculous way to look at it from all sides.

Everton have 50% of the simulation yellows in the league and we aren't even in the top half for sides that dive the most.

That's not right. Jostling only works shoulder to shoulder, not when you are literally in front of the other player. That's either a dive or a pen. There's really no middleground.
So we're clear I think that one was a clear penalty.

But I can imagine an incident where that middle exists pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.