Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carragher and Sounness disagree with you.

Fine. Their opinion. My opinion is that Gordon was looking for it and after what had gone on earlier, Atwell probably thought so as well. After all, he wasn't exactly in a goalscoring position so his only option was to fall over. I said at the time he needs to be stronger as ref's are simply not going to give you a pen unless it's pretty obvious... and that one wasn't.

Souness has just created a complete straw man argument by saying that the way we played today is the 'easiest way to play', but we can't try to do it that way for the rest of the season. Is he so addled by his botox injections that he can't understand our tactics for today. Horrible, horrible bloke.

Fine. Their opinion. My opinion is that Gordon was looking for it and after what had gone on earlier, Atwell probably thought so as well. After all, he wasn't exactly in a goalscoring position so his only option was to fall over. I said at the time he needs to be stronger as ref's are simply not going to give you a pen unless it's pretty obvious... and that one wasn't.

Yes mate refs won't give pens like that.......strange when certain other players get in those positions and people say "clever from the striker" or "he's entitled to take a tumble".

Its not even a "oh we should check VAR" It's a stonewall penalty and if you can't see that then I'd recommend a little trip to the opticians

Take your red tinted glasses off

Laughable thread. It speaks of desperation to blame the ref for a loss. Sour grapes usually. So it is today.
We lost. We tried to stifle the game. Got what we deserved in the end and felt the ref tried to let the game flow rather than stop it every few seconds.
Wasn't a pen, wasn't a red for Jota, arguable red for Mane and Atwell generally was fair given how much time we were trying to waste.
Stay off the Morrocan Woodbine's fella.

Every man and his dog knows thats a pen & Mane see's red.
Not even a whiff of doubt , they are the rules.
Apart from kopites that is.

You'll get a good bit of that in the championship tbf.

What you won't get is good refereeing.
PL referees are comfortably the worst in world football. Well that’s doing them a disservice, they’re very good at what they’re there to do - control the narrative of the PL product

Status
Not open for further replies.