Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still not sure on this one. Gordon does this type of thing a lot and it works a lot but not always. He gets his body in front of a defender and slams on the brakes. It was a big decision because of where we are, the opposition and how rare we had those type of chances but I do not think it was a certain penalty. It was a 50/50 call for the referee and you always hope it goes your way. Today it did not. Listening to Ped on Toffee TV, the dive in the first half probably did not do him any favours, I think.
Have you been watching Everton for long? I only ask as there are no 50/50 calls where a pen to Everton is concerned.

DeterminedSecondaryAfricanjacana-size_restricted.gif
Pretty blatant tbf

Attachments

• 9AA189D1-59F5-4BA8-B86F-4A71CE635864.png
    9AA189D1-59F5-4BA8-B86F-4A71CE635864.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 50

@Toast mentioned this earlier.

Refs face says it all , he's in a position where if thats a dive ( as we can see it wasnt ) he has to book him & send him off.
If he gives it , its a pen and possible Red card for Matip as last man.

Why didnt VAR sort it ?

Bad bad decision.
It’s a stonewall pen but no red. Last man isn’t a thing in football.

Pivotal moment. They also ought to have been down to 10 men before then.

@Toast mentioned this earlier.

Refs face says it all , he's in a position where if thats a dive ( as we can see it wasnt ) he has to book him & send him off.
If he gives it , its a pen and possible Red card for Matip as last man.

Why didnt VAR sort it ?

Bad bad decision.
Anywhere else on the pitch it is a foul and at least a booking. One of those special rules we've had for a few years now ...

Status
Not open for further replies.