Record Against the "Big Six"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not winning away to a "big 6" since 2013 is absolutely disgusting it should be brought up every time, some relegation fodder teams have way better records than us and for us who usually finish top half 7-8 it's awful.
Hopefully the shackles are off now with Ancelotti and some top drawer players we can improve on that.

Record away to big six -1 win in 1.
Ancelotti = Club legend for that aoine. If we win at Anfield I suggest renaming the club :)

no,

coz big six is a new term
and Everton have finished in the top 6 45x in their history. More than Chelsea, Man City, and Spurs.
Wasnt being serious there mate, but you are right, however that was history.
In recent history we have barely registered anything, does feel like that has the faint possibility of changing thanks to CA.

Taking off the blue tinted specs, you have to concede that we've been an absolute meme club for the past few years now.

Chucking hundreds of millions at players and having nothing to show for it and in fact getting worse makes us an ideal target for a sorts media that swerves more towards entertainment than journalistic integrity.

The only way the media will start to take us seriously and stop with the selective stat quoting is if we actually get our s**t together and put together a decent team over a consistent period of time. And if they purge the overflow of RS embedded within the UK sports media.

TBH, I kinda like the fact that they sneer at us, praise from the UK media makes me feel dirty lol

feel dirty lol

The figure is wrong because we won away to leicester only two seasons ago when sigurdsson scored that worldly so no idea what they are even talking about with all that nonsense.

Leicester finished top 6 last season and they won the league a few seasons ago so half of those other alleged big 6 clubs don't deserve to be called that and ive no idea why people still do.

It's just a bias advertising campaign in the hope to keep the same teams at the top and stop any other team from raising their status if they dare to do so.

It goes back much further than even this "Big Six". Under Moyes we never managed an away win against the original Sky-4 in the 11 seasons he was in charge. I'm not bashing Moyes here and I think he did a good job for us under difficult circumstances, but it goes to show how long we have had this inferiority complex hanging over us.

Let’s be accurate here. It is the ‘sky six’ the six teams the media have anointed as ‘approved’ rather than the annoying upstarts from the other 14 teams.

Our record hasn’t been good enough against these teams, either because we’ve been battered but even when we’ve played well we’ve been unlucky or thrown it away in the last minute.

Wins like today are the sort of thing that can lead to another win following very quickly. I just get the feeling Ancelotti doesn’t care about all that stuff and just knows we can if we play well enough. I got the feeling that other managers we’ve had thought that even if we played our best it was impossible to win.

I am getting a bit tired of all the reports today that ‘it was Everton's first victory over an established “big six” team in 41 attempts”. First AWAY victory yes, but that does not excuse our reasonably good home record against them being ignored. Since 2013 we have beaten Chelsea 5 times at home, Man United 4 times, Arsenal and Man City 3 times, Tottenham once and - irritatingly - not beaten the [Poor language removed] in that period. Now to rectify that away form after a good start today and get some luck against them at Mordor this season.

Fair point, just shows stats can be made to look however you want them to. Hard for any team to beat a top six side away from home.

Spurs are a sky 6 team but no we’re near the top 6. They were there for the taking 2 months ago as well. Leicester away is a much more difficult game for example, probably wolves away as well. It’s still a brilliant start but I believe we can easily at arsenal and have every chance to win at old Trafford, Stamford bridge, analfield or even the ethihad providing we can field that team. We have quality and guile, we’re solid and have people who can put the ball in the back of the net. No we’re not suddenly the best team in the country but we can definitely win any one off game now.

Here’s a good stat for you though.

Our record against the “big six” this season is

Played - 1
Won - 1
Drew - 0
Lost - 0

You can manipulate stats in anyway you want, to suit your needs.

Ultimately the longer they knock us, the longer we don’t have to play with pressure.

That was a thrilling performance and we got what we deserved. We look miles ahead of them now. Incredible turnaround. Let's just enjoy this. This has not happened for us much in the last 15 years, lets savour it. And fingers crossed many many more days like this to come this season. Who knew Monday's could feel like this as an Evertonian!

Like Jesus rose after the 40 days we are going to rise after the 40th away game.
Ancelotti is like the new messiah and he's going to bring us redemption :celebrate:

Status
Not open for further replies.