Record Against the "Big Six"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnJq

Player Valuation: £1m
I am getting a bit tired of all the reports today that ‘it was Everton's first victory over an established “big six” team in 41 attempts”. First AWAY victory yes, but that does not excuse our reasonably good home record against them being ignored. Since 2013 we have beaten Chelsea 5 times at home, Man United 4 times, Arsenal and Man City 3 times, Tottenham once and - irritatingly - not beaten the [Poor language removed] in that period. Now to rectify that away form after a good start today and get some luck against them at Mordor this season.

I am getting a bit tired of all the reports today that ‘it was Everton's first victory over an established “big six” team in 41 attempts”. First AWAY victory yes, but that does not excuse our reasonably good home record against them being ignored. Since 2013 we have beaten Chelsea 5 times at home, Man United 4 times, Arsenal and Man City 3 times, Tottenham once and - irritatingly - not beaten the [Poor language removed] in that period. Now to rectify that away form after a good start today and get some luck against them at Mordor this season.

I mean, 1 win in 40+ games is absolutely awful.

Still mate, even by your logic that means we have beaten top six teams only 17 times (including away v Man U in Martinez's first season) in 84 attempts, which, frankly, is abysmal for a club of Everton's standing.

It is a big deal though mate, Wolves and a few lesser teams have beaten Utd and Chelsea in recent seasons, we always crumble at these grounds.
It’s horrendous really
We won finally after 41 games but I’m guessing the last 1 was Moyes Utd

Still mate, even by your logic that means we have beaten top six teams only 17 times (including away v Man U in Martinez's first season) in 84 attempts, which, frankly, is abysmal for a club of Everton's standing.
Can't argue with that and optimistic it will be addressed somewhat this season with further away wins. Just feel official news channels should get their facts correct.

Can't argue with that and optimistic it will be addressed somewhat this season with further away wins. Just feel official news channels should get their facts correct.

Hopefully. Personally I think if we manage four wins out of the twelve games against the "top six" and a few draws, that would be very decent. One of the wins against the RS, of course.

Personally I hate that term “big six” - pisses me off no end - city Chelsea and spurs had 4 titles between them before they came into any money

Ah see, you made the mistake of thinking it was based on success. Its based on viewer numbers, with James and 46m followers, we'll soon be in that clan...

Taking off the blue tinted specs, you have to concede that we've been an absolute meme club for the past few years now.

Chucking hundreds of millions at players and having nothing to show for it and in fact getting worse makes us an ideal target for a sorts media that swerves more towards entertainment than journalistic integrity.

The only way the media will start to take us seriously and stop with the selective stat quoting is if we actually get our s**t together and put together a decent team over a consistent period of time. And if they purge the overflow of RS embedded within the UK sports media.

TBH, I kinda like the fact that they sneer at us, praise from the UK media makes me feel dirty lol

We also beat Leicester when they were 3rd, hence all this crappy “established” top 6 nonsense, sky were creaming themselves over Leicester at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.