Reasons to be cheerful: can we start enjoying this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

APN_EFC

Player Valuation: £25m
Hi everyone
I know it's easier to be grumpy and pessimistic, and, for instance, to expect that we won't make any signings apart from Lingard, Luiz and Jermaine Defoe (!), that Antony Gordon and Holgate will move to Man City and Chelsea, expect that Carlo and Richy will be gone this time next year, and the stadium will be delayed, but still...
Maybe it's because my 3 y o daughter is now getting into Everton and I don't want to subject her to a life of misery ( need things to get her excited ) , maybe the sun is shining and I'm optimistic but I need to feel better about supporting the blues. I've had enough of feeling pessimistic, killing my hope with depression football. Give me some reasons please!

Here's some to start with

We have got Richarlison and Ancelotti
Our kits are pretty cool (Amber is back)
We are still in the top 5 in history on our record
DCL and Davies are either super stylish or hilariously off-trend
If you watch Big Dunc and pretend he's a comedy sketch, it's quite funny (his eyes and his facial expressions)
Same as above with Pickford

Can you help me with some reasons to enjoy supporting the blues?

Hi everyone
I know it's easier to be grumpy and pessimistic, and, for instance, to expect that we won't make any signings apart from Lingard, Luiz and Jermaine Defoe (!), that Antony Gordon and Holgate will move to Man City and Chelsea, expect that Carlo and Richy will be gone this time next year, and the stadium will be delayed, but still...
Maybe it's because my 3 y o daughter is now getting into Everton and I don't want to subject her to a life of misery ( need things to get her excited ) , maybe the sun is shining and I'm optimistic but I need to feel better about supporting the blues. I've had enough of feeling pessimistic, killing my hope with depression football. Give me some reasons please!

If you watch Big Dunc and pretend he's a comedy sketch, it's quite funny (his eyes and his facial expressions)

No

Hi everyone

How utterly depressing them positives are. The RS are green with envy.

Hi everyone

You carry on enjoying Everton, do your daughter a favour, wean her off the Blues, carry on buying her loads of dolls, she’ll be happier, a lot happier.

Oh and by the way, City will have no interest in Gordon, but could have in Holgate.!!

Hi everyone

Everton fans are the best.
We’re rubbish but I’d rather be us than anyone else.
Our manager is a gentleman not some classless attention seeking blert like across the park.
We’re rubbish on the pitch but we still try and do the right thing off it.

Its the young players keeping me going, Gordon, Branthwaite, DCL, Richarlison even Davies and the couple of games he did well in the anchor role.

Im gone apathetic verging on luke warm sanguine in supplementing around signings and transfer windows if im honest and more keen on watching lads developing.

Also hopeful that Gbamin might be a player.

I get very excited by outs or the possibility of outs, then i do about new signings, its like restoring life blood to the club, so the transfer window offers this opportunity.

One simple fact of life will forever hold true - No matter how bad we currently are on the pitch, we will never, ever be like "them", off the pitch, and it destroys them, as they know it in their souls. The fact that they are even arsed about us, after the years of dross, shows were forever in their heads rent free, and you're daughter is one nil up already.

I'm hopeful the shocking transfer dealings of recent years are behind us, with the combo of the Don and brands we can see real quality players into the first team.

Imagine what Carlo can do with a squad of his choosing - that's has to be exciting, after seeing both him and Dunc get a little bit of a tune out if the shower we currently have?!

We also hopefully have an iconic, state of the art new stadium on the historic waterfront being built ( please Mosh/Uzzy, get it fecking done) and that is key to our long term future.

Sadly with the above there are a couple of hopefullys, and we all know with Everton it's the hope that kills you - at least it will never be a wall or a paving slab that kills with us.

UTFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.