Reasons to be cheerful: can we start enjoying this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My lad is 12 and isn't much interested in football. I've spent years trying to force him to watch games/highlights and he's had every top going. I occasionally get asked "did we lose again?", and that's the height of his interest. However, I'm glad I failed. There is very little joy to being a football fan of most clubs, especially this lot.

We're the original' in so many things, with history and z patina that could never be bought by the plastic clubs. We're always here and soon people will be talking about that as we start to do things.

Everton FC maintain a fairly low profile in the USA so when they look to be circling the drain none of my associates know to capitalize upon my misery.

Looking toward next season, it's easy to be optimistic after the season we've all just enjoyed. Finishing 12th was an outstanding outcome in a league that contained some brilliantly talented opposition sides...Norwich, Watford, Villa, Newcastle etc.
I wouldn't get ahead of ourselves though, some very, very good teams have just been promoted and these will present some challenge to our team of brave lion-hearts. Is achieving 12th again remotely possible?...well, fingers crossed!!

SO much to look forward too!!!

NSNO

Status
Not open for further replies.