reality check

Status
Not open for further replies.
how is it pathetic when these posters want us to fail at absolutely everything? - that’s pathetic
matty you were one of the only people defending Silva to the hilt last year when it was beyond painfully obvious what he was. you had your head in the sand so far you couldn't see daylight because you wanted "stability" you backed a losing horse after it pulled up lame.

This is Carlo Ancelotti, this isn't some absolute no-mark like Silva or Koeman. We should be doing SIGNIFICANTLY better than what we are, you have to blinkered to be saying this is acceptable.

I have a feeling we are on TV a lot because the broadcasters know we bottle it every single time. We are shown in cups against lower opposition because we are a PRIME "cup-set" team. Chance to go 3rd against a team that hasn't ever won at Goodison in the Premier League? ABSOLUTELY!
And yet the two cup ties we were selected for for that very reason, we won comfortably, the two games were we had the chance to go top, we won. That’s the thing, the last 6 games we’ve slumped but for the most part we’ve beaten back the bottling stigmata

matty you were one of the only people defending Silva to the hilt last year when it was beyond painfully obvious what he was. you had your head in the sand so far you couldn't see daylight because you wanted "stability" you backed a losing horse after it pulled up lame.

The total unwillingness to question the club on anything (recruitment, management, on-field matters) is just plain weird.

Well and truly fed up with Everton. How young kids support them I’ll never know, doffs cap to them all.
I‘m old enough to remember us winning.
Only the fact we have Carlo and he needs a bit of time keeps me going.
But for me this is our winter of discontent.
If they don‘t start trying I’ll be at Finch Farm having straighteners with the ‘kin lot of them.

Yes maye, but over the last 4-5 years, we've been a team that has generally got around 50 points per season haven't we? I can understand people saying 18th isn't the bar, but 50 points seems a fair initial bar to judge Ancelotti against.
Yes, agreed. But based on the money that has been invested, we have underperformed for several years. Now we have invested even more, so expectations are a little higher. But as I said, if he manages around 60 points, I'm happy. Then we are in the battle for the top 6 in the PL. But if we end up with around 50 points, then we can not say that we have had any progression. That's what we had accomplished anyway, regardless of the manager.

Pure frustration that's all it is. Nobody wants the club to fail, just fans saying the same thing...just why the eff do we bother?
If I thought about it long enough, I may find out why, as someone in their late sixties, I acted like a twelve year old last evening when the final whistle went. I'm wondering if it was reading the list of clubs who have won honours since we last did. It truly is pathetic that a club the stature, history and fanbase as ours hasn't had a cup in those 25 years.
The really sad thing, I can imagine this same conversation going on in ten years time.

I don't want Everton to fail, I am moaning because I want to see Everton be competitive, a wining side and win some silverware - before I die even, my bedroom in Ireland which I have left since about 2010 has posters on the wall.....................dating to 1995 - there were some real characters in the FA cup winning team, absent from Everton teams since probably Davy Moyes time when we had Cahill, Gravesen and Carsley - they would not let Leeds run amok at Goodison, not on their watch

Having all that dead wood I have mentioned a thousand times is counterproductive to any of that happening and its frustrating to me as to any true fan I should imagine. The team is lacking leaders, bite, passion and too much dead wood passengers content to live the good times with several million in the bank while dithering about at Everton. This is no way to represent the club.

Its even more galling to me as I was fortunate enough to see the fine facilities at Finch Farm not too long ago. Everton have had what is it - 4 or 5 managers in recent times - sometimes its not the Managers fault, its the players.

I have a feeling we are on TV a lot because the broadcasters know we bottle it every single time. We are shown in cups against lower opposition because we are a PRIME "cup-set" team. Chance to go 3rd against a team that hasn't ever won at Goodison in the Premier League? ABSOLUTELY!

lol mate, every game is on TV at the moment.

Talk of top 6 was always fanciful for me. We have a set of mediocre central defenders, a midfield that lacks mobility and energy and don’t really have a distinct style of play.
I think there are 9 better teams than us in truth.

Talk of top 6 was always fanciful for me. We have a set of mediocre central defenders, a midfield that lacks mobility and energy and don’t really have a distinct style of play.

I think there’s 10. We are grouped with Villa, Palace and West Ham for the top of the bottom half table title. We have to be honest about it. There’s 10 teams who have more quality or if not quality have more drive and intensity to their play (Southampton, Leeds and Wolves)

Yes, agreed. But based on the money that has been invested, we have underperformed for several years. Now we have invested even more, so expectations are a little higher. But as I said, if he manages around 60 points, I'm happy. Then we are in the battle for the top 6 in the PL. But if we end up with around 50 points, then we can not say that we have had any progression. That's what we had accomplished anyway, regardless of the manager.

All fair. I think weve done well for 60 points. If we get 50 it will be a bit underwhelming, but after last seasons hes probably earned a bit of time.

Don't forget about our inadequate attack...

Here is the thing though...

3/4 wins on the bounce can give you such a lift & change the perspective also...

We need to hang on in until January when we can bring in 2/3 reinforcements during the transfer window & kick on from there, our season is far from over yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.