reality check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stability and some absolutely brilliant recruitment. Some of Moyes's buys were outrageous value.
Player values were very different when Moyes was manager here, a few million back then got you a decent player whereas now it would only get you a youth team player.

Player values were very different when Moyes was manager here, a few million back then got you a decent player whereas now it would only get you a youth team player.
This is true but that's why I said value - even with inflation he got some players for a fraction of what they were worth. Maybe we could get him in as DoF to replace Brands?

This is true but that's why I said value - even with inflation he got some players for a fraction of what they were worth. Maybe we could get him in as DoF to replace Brands?
He would probably make a decent DoF tbh, he certainly has an eye for a player and likes to micro manage everything within a club, it's an interesting shout.

Unbalanced team

We have 5 top players

Digne
Allan
James
Richarlison
DCL

but the rest of the starting line up is average and the bench is simply terrible.

We depend a lot on these 5 players. They are all wonderful footballers but the rest of the squad is simply not good enough.

Completely agree. Any team in the Premier League that starts a game with Iwobi and Tom Davies is going to struggle.

Full of hope at the start. Now behind saints hammers wolves.

And worse still is the 3 teams below us have played a game less and if they all won that game which is probably likely too looking at who the teams are, we would be sitting 11th which is absolutely disgraceful when we were top of the league just 5 games ago.

Makes my blood boil.

And worse still is the 3 teams below us have played a game less and if they all won that game which is probably likely too looking at who the teams are, we would be sitting 11th which is absolutely disgraceful when we were top of the league just 5 games ago.

Makes my blood boil.
If they all win, we’re 3 points off 4th place, don’t let that blood boil too much - we’re likely to finish the season a lot further away than that!

We need to sort the defence and bring in a couple of players to improve the team in Jan. RB and CM, another wide forward would also be good.

If we can do that then I think we can still achieve Europe this year with a bit of luck. It’s our inability to keep clean sheets that has been killing us recently. But the table is still wide open. It’ll be picking up points in the upcoming run of fixtures without Digne that is a huge challenge.
Apologies for missing this but...by what you are saying in that first bit, you think we're going to bring in four players in January? When Brands has brought in a grand total of one 17 year old?

Status
Not open for further replies.