reality check

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to put the cap on it, I bet we draw the RS in the 3rd. Round draw.
They're not ripping it up, are they? We obviously aren't as good as we thought a few weeks ago, but we'll come out of this bad spell and I haven't given up.

I still think we'll be competitive if the likes of Richi and James are up for it.

JR, Allan, AD and Godfrey are Ancelotti's players = 4/11. Richarlison, DCL and Digne we often rank as among the best in their position = 7/11. Pickford and Keane are English national team players, so they obviously have to have certain qualities = 9/11. We also have other players who represent their national teams. Everton have also spent relatively much money on players in recent years, compared to their competitors. I think it is a myth that we are so much worse off than our competitors. I'm not saying we're a top 4 team, but we are a team that should easily make the top 10 in the PL.
We will be competing for EL places in my view. We do need to get back to the 433 and try and become more solid a third midfielder who works hard would make a difference. Losing our full backs is massive we lost our width.

All I'm gonna say on the matter is that I'm glad I stuck to my guns and never went overboard at the start of the season and started shouting the odds.
Apathy is a hard thing to shake off when you've supported this club for a great number of years. We must be the longest "work in progress" team ever.
If one of the game's greatest coaches can't get us up playing consistently at a level to compete at the top, then the future isn't bright.

Yesterday was simple for me, it was a straight up battle, Leeds wanted it more and forced their luck with the goal.

The concern for me is mate this has been the story of the last 6 games. I know we have certain players out through injury/suspension but we have been outfought in every game but for a good 30 minute period at Fulham. Our players don’t look sharp, fitness levels look bleak, passing is miles of, seems to be little cohesion in the squad, but for Digne, Richarlison and Rodriguez the rest seem be clueless at what they’re supposed to do. 1 win in 6, 12 goals conceded outfought in every game it’s not good and it’s not acceptable. I can take defeats but what I can’t take is us being outfought every game it’s sickening seeing the other team wanting it more than we do. It’s definitely NOT what I expected from a team managed by Carlo Ancelotti. He deserves criticism too for his strange team selections and substitutions.

All I'm gonna say on the matter is that I'm glad I stuck to my guns and never went overboard at the start of the season and started shouting the odds.
Apathy is a hard thing to shake off when you've supported this club for a great number of years. We must be the longest "work in progress" team ever.
If one of the game's greatest coaches can't get us up playing consistently at a level to compete at the top, then the future isn't bright.

I said it yesterday mate, the problem was after the start we had we got massively carried away about how good we actually were. At the end of the day as catcher on here said "we're just an average team"

We just got outplayed by Leeds, our victories have come against teams nr 15, 16, 17 & 19.
We regulary concede two goals, we have no pace, no style of play and with the odd exception, no fighting spirit.
In a month time, we could easily be out of the cup and close to nr 15 in the league.

So no, not much progress.

I want Carlo to succeed as much as everybody else, but I just can't see it at the moment.
But 3 much better players and 10 places higher in the league. So, yeah, a bit of progress, especially since you seem to have "forgotten" to include that we beat the team that started the weekend top of the league

There was an awesome documentary on last night about Maradona on the national geographic, told by trainers, players and the like who actually had first hand experience with him. Pedro Pablo Pasculli who played with Maradona in the 80s said with him in the team the players felt like they were already a goal up such was his impact on others, everyone raised their game when he played.

Everton with Delph, Sigs, Bernard and Gomez are definitely not a goal up with these losers playing, more like a goal down as they do absolutely nothing for the team. Over £20 million paying these cash cows every year is nothing short of a disgrace to any true supporter.

I will leave Iwobi, Davies and Mina out as them players are just about - (just being the key word) worthy of been in the squad and have some resale value, not like the others.

how is it pathetic when these posters want us to fail at absolutely everything? - that’s pathetic
Pure frustration that's all it is. Nobody wants the club to fail, just fans saying the same thing...just why the eff do we bother?
If I thought about it long enough, I may find out why, as someone in their late sixties, I acted like a twelve year old last evening when the final whistle went. I'm wondering if it was reading the list of clubs who have won honours since we last did. It truly is pathetic that a club the stature, history and fanbase as ours hasn't had a cup in those 25 years.
The really sad thing, I can imagine this same conversation going on in ten years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.