reality check

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the first matches outweighs the remaining twenty-eight? That's it, our season is now over - dead and buried?

Yes, we should be beating Leeds and our game of two forty-five minutes continues to ring true, but it really isn't the death nail you're suggesting it is.

Not really no, however I've watched Everton and football long enough to know there's peaks and troughs. It's a concern as I've said, but it's not decided.

The way we’re playing right now I can’t see us picking up a single point out of those and dumped out of the cup. Hell I’m not even confident this setup can keep out Burnley.

Allen and Doucoure instead of Delph and Schneiderlin. James instead of Bernard.
16th after 10 games last season, 6th after 10 this season.

Nope, absolutely no progress
We just got outplayed by Leeds, our victories have come against teams nr 15, 16, 17 & 19.
We regulary concede two goals, we have no pace, no style of play and with the odd exception, no fighting spirit.
In a month time, we could easily be out of the cup and close to nr 15 in the league.

So no, not much progress.

I want Carlo to succeed as much as everybody else, but I just can't see it at the moment.

Last edited:
So the first matches outweighs the remaining twenty-eight? That's it, our season is now over - dead and buried?

Yes, we should be beating Leeds and our game of two forty-five minutes continues to ring true, but it really isn't the death nail you're suggesting it is.

Not really no, however I've watched Everton and football long enough to know there's peaks and troughs. It's a concern as I've said, but it's not decided.

I'm not interested in 7th 8th 9th etc. Thats still failure and not something to be applauded. We had a chance to make a run for top 4 but a bad run like this cannot happen if you want to seriously challenge.

I think the league is on the verge of being a write off for us yes. In the next month we need to win 2 or 3 games against better opposition and there's nothing to suggest this bunch of overrated players will do that. Its already looking like a season that rests on cups and that isn't good enough.

Its same old Everton. Get into a good position, create a bit of optimism, then completely throw it all away in almost unimaginable fashion. I'm fed up, utterly fed up and can't take much more of it.

No, you can not just take a snapshot and say that this is the level of Everton. Then I can counter-argue to say that Everton's level is number 1. None of the arguments are correct. Instead, we can look at our results over a longer period, and then you see that we are around 6-11 in the PL. If we include economic variables in the equation, I would assume we end up between 5-7 in the PL.

But what would you used to justify Everton being number 1? I am not just saying it's Evertons level, it's just acknowledging where we were last season under our last previous manager. It'snot a number plucked out of the air.

But what would you used to justify Everton being number 1? I am not just saying it's Evertons level, it's just acknowledging where we were last season under our last previous manager. It'snot a number plucked out of the air.
We've been No. 1 this season, haven't we? The point is to get a good estimate of what our natural level is we need a selection of many matches. If we do, we quickly see that number 18 is an outlier.

Think we'll finish mid table or below like last season,we just to damn slow and very predictable and with a awful defence too,i think the players must love training cus it looks like alot doesn't get done during it.

Think we'll finish mid table or below like last season,we just to damn slow and very predictable and with a awful defence too,i think the players must love training cus it looks like alot doesn't get done during it.

Allan and James are both 29 aren’t they, they haven’t come to play no Europe next season and Richarlison will be off and we won’t replace him because our DOF is a class clown.

It’s make or break Europe is a minimum.

Allan and James are both 29 aren’t they, they haven’t come to play no Europe next season and Richarlison will be off and we won’t replace him because our DOF is a class clown.

It’s make or break Europe is a minimum.

100% Europe is a minimum. Make no mistake about that, that will be Ancelotti's minimum target.

We've had the chance to go top, 2nd, top and 3rd before each defeat so far. That's how tight the league is currently and unfortunately it's no surprise to us all Everton have pretty much saved their worst performances each time there's been a chance to jump up the table and make a statement.

That game seems to always be the beginning of us tailspinning down the table.
Said since 2004 when Carsley got the winner. Matches that proceed the derby always mess us up. Result regardless. Only time I have seen us react positive to a derby was in 2007 when they robbed us thanks to Gerrard whispering into his mates ears to dictate the officiating. Went on a bettering run after it.
Half the reason I would be happy for them to [Poor language removed] off to this make believe super league or whatever they call want to call it, they completely mess our heads up. The other reason is we never beat them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.