reality check

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the moment in the season that happens pretty much every season when I realise we are what we are and there’s no point in hoping for anything more. The Last time I didn’t have this moment was Martinez’s 1st season.

Oh well. still lots of games to go, but it’s becoming pretty obvious very quickly that we’re on our way to finishing 8-12 again.
What's annoying is James, Richarlison, DCL, Digne and Allan are the core of a good side but we do not have some of the necessary pieces to go along with that core to make it work right now. But we need a RB that can just run a lot, a keeper to bail us out on occasion and a DM to just sit and tidy things up. Not anything fancy but just good, solid pieces and this team has the other stuff taken care of. But without those pieces it doesn't work and that is where we are.

I suppose this is a reality check for some, but we all need to be honest with ourselves- we are currently a mid to bottom half team with this squad, mostly full of lightweight, overpaid, Lilly livered cowards who at the first sign of us doing anything half decent, fall to absolute bits.
I just don't get why it is always that they're cowards. They didn't lose today because they lacked the courage.

And, yet, for years the supporters were blamed for genuinely caring. "It's the Park End" or wherever the area of the ground was who made our players weak.

I mean, we have a manager who has swim everything, we have a Galactico who has won everything, we bought a player Napoli turned down a €80m bid for a year ago. There has to be SOMETHING that makes us uniquely crap
You want my opinion ?

Were the peoples club.
We do things in the community etc.
We do them well and with credit.

We win a few games and it’s ‘Spirit of the Blues’

We either love being what we are, or we just get ruthless across the whole business, and I use the word business rather than club.

It’s a tough call for some, but Everton football club is too bloody nice.

And, yet, for years the supporters were blamed for genuinely caring. "It's the Park End" or wherever the area of the ground was who made our players weak.

I mean, we have a manager who has swim everything, we have a Galactico who has won everything, we bought a player Napoli turned down a €80m bid for a year ago. There has to be SOMETHING that makes us uniquely crap

Unbalanced team

We have 5 top players

Digne
Allan
James
Richarlison
DCL

but the rest of the starting line up is average and the bench is simply terrible.

We depend a lot on these 5 players. They are all wonderful footballers but the rest of the squad is simply not good enough.

I just don't get why it is always that they're cowards. They didn't lose today because they lacked the courage.

Apologies, I hadn't finished typing before I hit post.

Were splitting hairs here - you could call it a weak mentality (Carlo has spoke of this), but I prefer cowards or cowardly.

We know that most of the squad are cowards - we have had cowardly performances from them for a number of managers, over a number of years.

They did lack courage today - an organised but fairly ordinary Leeds side out fought and outworked us at home. Some of thats on Carlo, some on the players.

Allan was immense, a few others had a go and tried - the rest were going through the motions.

What's annoying is James, Richarlison, DCL, Digne and Allan are the core of a good side but we do not have some of the necessary pieces to go along with that core to make it work right now. But we need a RB that can just run a lot, a keeper to bail us out on occasion and a DM to just sit and tidy things up. Not anything fancy but just good, solid pieces and this team has the other stuff taken care of. But without those pieces it doesn't work and that is where we are.

hard to argue that.

I think though today specifically our manager got it very wrong. It wasn’t really our quality or lack of in certain areas. I understand carlo is trying to implement a style of play, and a certain mentality, but sometimes you need to break the game down much more simply, and he didn’t. E.g. put a left back at left back even if he isn’t world class, especially against ya side that’s that organized. He’s even said it himself, football is simple. But He tried to reinvent the wheel today for some reason.

we're 6th to 10th at best this season, unless we get some serious investment.

i'm quite happy with carlo and the style of football he plays and have no delusions of grandeur.

please can we just stop judging the team as if they are anything other than world-beaters.
What investment? It’s all getting into black hole...

Unbalanced team

We have 5 top players

Digne
Allan
James
Richarlison
DCL

but the rest of the starting line up is average and the bench is simply terrible.

We depend a lot on these 5 players. They are all wonderful footballers but the rest of the squad is simply not good enough.
See this is the problem, the bad players bring the good players down to their level, those 5 are class but our level as a 11 is way down.

Reality:

1. we’re really not very good.

2. our squad is very poor outside the first choice 11.

3. we rely on richarlison and his pace too much.

4. We can’t defend.

5. we are weak on the right hand side.

6. without Lucas Digne we are massively handicapped scoring wise

7. playing James adds extra class but means one less player to track.

8. The players like delph, Davies, iwobi, and co struggle to pass the most simplest ball to a team mate.

9. players on large salaries like Bernard offer zero contribution. Absolutely nothing. Need selling as soon as someone is stupid enough to offer him a contract.

10. Olsen should have stayed in the team based on his performance against Newcastle.

11. The team lacks pace.

12. the team is gutless with a massive lack of natural leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.