Reading vs. Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair some of the concerns Suits expressed on Tuesday seemed to apparent today, we will come good I'm sure. It is vital that Manny helps Mikel in midfield, he simply cannot be left to carry the midfield burden all by himself. Another day and another dollar, in the words of Chico 'sack the board, moyes out and all that crap' One interesting point is the fact that Wigan slammed Sunderland 3 - 0 so as a form guide we're doing well.;) ;)

Are you off to the pub?;)

Chico's got it right, ;) , no pub tonight Jim so i'll say it now, 'I love you all, you're true Evertonians.........etc ' lol lol lol .

talk to you again mate, i'm off.

Chico's got it right, ;) , no pub tonight Jim so i'll say it now, 'I love you all, you're true Evertonians.........etc ' lol lol lol .

talk to you again mate, i'm off.

Chat later mate if I can make it;)

I'd like to see Jags instead of Hibbert in the next game... if nothing else, just to show Hibbert that he has to play well to keep his slot. I somewhat get the feeling that he feels he's a given when fit. Dropping him to the bench for a game or three might be what he needs to crank his playing up a notch.

I get the feeling that against tougher opponents a midfield centre with Neville & Carsley is ok since they will make sure to grind it out... but against weaker we need a creative midfielder in the centre... and Arteta works fine on the side.

This game, I think, shows the lack of depth we have. It was the third game in a week and it showed.. mostly on Arteta, but also Anichebe and others looked... off and not as sharp as they can be.

But in the end.. if I got to choose a win and a loss from our last two games.. I'd take a win against Tottenham and loose against Reading, since Tottenham will become a combatant for Europe, while reading won't.

Just watched it, with Nate who is a good lad if youre ever in Montreal, and we didnt deserve anything out of the game. Lots of ineffective performances, Johnson was bullied out of the game - Anichebe/Valente where shocking.

Reading fully deserved the win, no doubt about that. Arteta had two players on him every time he got the ball but wasnt one of his good days, Fernandes will share the creative burden in time.

Not time to start panicing but you just knew it would happen, consitency is hardly our forte. Pienaar and McFadden looked bright, particularly the former when they came on.

Oh well, not to worry we had to loose some time. It was mentioned above that Anichebe didnt seem interested today? Thats strange considering we're trying to bring Yakubu in, you'd think he'd be playing out of his skin to impress Moyes. I guess he's just a kid really, so we cant rely on him too much.

Well as many of you stated before, all credit to Reading and Coppell.

Man, and two injuries to them today to boot. They harassed and harried us all over the pitch and never gave our midfield or forwards time on the ball.

Hopefully the addition of Fernandes will alleviate some of the possession issues we faced today.

But again, well done to Reading as they look to do what we've done over the past several years (put together a good, cohesive squad with out any "me first" type of players or any superstars)

It was mentioned above that Anichebe didnt seem interested today? Thats strange considering we're trying to bring Yakubu in, you'd think he'd be playing out of his skin to impress Moyes. I guess he's just a kid really, so we cant rely on him too much.

I think he just was plain tired. He's a kid and had played 2 games in the last week. We need to substitute starting lineup so our players can rest.. otherwise we'll see more games like this.. especially with europeangames on thursdays.

McFadden looked great, he really needs to be given a chance to start. If his shot went in, it would have been [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] incredible (the goal and the feeling of getting a goal back). Pienaar looked bright again but gave the ball away cheaply. Osman did his usual run into nowhere with the ball and get tackled. Johnson was slaughtered by Bikey and Arteta, well, the worst I've seen him do. Hibbert out, Nev to replace him, Faddy on the wing.

Awful performance, McFadden the only one with abit of spark.
Its a pity but we were bound to lose our first game sometime i,m a bit worried about our strikeforce though with bt gone and tim and vaughnie injured i hope we get someone in if its the yak lets hope he fits in straight away.

I don't ever want to see Valente in the starting XI again, he was the worst player on the pitch today, just shading Anichebe who yet again had the touch and control of a new born Deer.

Lot of tired legs today just going thru the motions. Valente and Hibbert looks very lacking and its time for Jags and hopfully Baines if healthy to get their first start now. Really worried about AJ that was a gift and he couldn't convert. Just in a bad mood about it really. I'll get over it.

3rd game in 8 days was a wake up call for Vic. He looked dead tired 10 minutes in. Arteta wasn't effective, but mostly because everyone turned to him to hold up the team. I didn't see Cars or Neville do anything in the second half - which gives meaning to Moyes statement about having competition in midfield now.

I was hoping we could make do with Vic and McFadden until Vaughn came back, but now 12 mil or whatever for Yakubu is sounding better.

At least a fellow blue (Chico) was in town to witness the carnage. If Mcfadden's shot curls 6 more inches to the right, we would have been buying beers for all the relieved Spurs fans around us.

[Poor language removed]..just, [Poor language removed].

But, there are] some positives if you put things into perspective;

To be honest, we had a fantastic points haul last season and we still managed to lose to the likes of;
Middlesbrough, Man City, Fulham, West Ham away,
not to mention Aston Villa, Wigan & Tottenham at home, and draws with Boro & City at home. Every team has [Poor language removed] performances, these points will be win back in easier games than this.
It's pleasing to know even in our [Poor language removed] games we dominated Reading; they work extremely hard and have played really well this season, but it's still a massive shame losing to them. All I can say is, it'll be one of a clutch of inexplicably rubbish performances that we're bound to have - we never, EVER seem to string good runs together.
With GP in full voice next week, hopefully the boys can rectify this poor loss.

I'd go with 4-4-2 again, hopefully by then with new signings on board, and Yobo fit again...

Howard

Jagielka - Yobo - Lescott - Baines

Arteta - Fernandes - Neville - Osman

AJ - Yakubu

Status
Not open for further replies.