Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we got a silly bid like £23m then it really is a no brainer. Has a bit of Materazzi about him in that he is a cult hero but at times a liability. Wouldn't be worried if we kept him as a season in the league and a new manager could see a vast improvement. Guess we need a manager in before we do a deal in case they want him.

I dont get this defending will be fine under a different manager stuff. He is not a kid and is an international player. He should know how to defend already.

I think he is alright but he has some very worrying flaws for me. He seems a bit simple too. I'm still annoyed about his derby sending off.

Have a look at the Everton musings article on mori & how in his first few games the author identified a number of problems in his game particularly his inability to hold the line & how often he gets caught 2 yards behind the rest of the defence. Coaching would quickly eradicate this as its not ability driven it's corrected by drills & hard work Everton musings even says somebody with a foghorn should stand in line with the defence in training & every time he drops shout at him to get level. Imagine simeone was coaching him.

Anyway these errors in his game still exist to this day particularly the West Ham home game when he was caught deeper too often this costing us goals.

A new manager will sort the defence out very very quickly you will see. They will also coach mori about being more
Dominant aerially from a standing start he fantastic at attacking the ball aerially but is too easily beaten from a static postion & whilst I'm at it he also seems to have a flaw in his game when trying to hook clearances away over his shoulder misses the ball to often.

That sounds like I don't rate him I actually think he is a great player &
City away in the semi he was top class.

Can't wait to see him once a good coach gets him

Why do people want to sell him? He's the only winner we've got in the squad, it shows in the big games. Case in point Jags in stoppage time at Wembley - I like Jags but lets be honest the guy is a loser (sounds far more malicious than I mean it to) and it's what holds him back from being a top centre half.

Everton have done so well to fend off interest in our players from bigger clubs when we haven't had any money (Coleman, Jags, Stones, Baines, Barkley). Now we have money and can push on and people want to cash in? We finished 11th ffs, unless we appoint Mourinho we probably aren't going to be able to attract anyone better.

I don't think we can judge any defender under Martinez.

He turned 6 international Defenders into a shambles.

This all day, Stones under Martinez worth a grand total of nowt, can say this about Joel as well, ok he may not be a David de Gea but I can see enough in him to say he is going to better then we have seen so far from him.

Mori is good, need to keep him long term since we can all see Stones going at some point.

Mori, like all our defenders was wigatonised by Martinez. I would like to see his play under the tutelage of a proper manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.