Rally the troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like he's going out asking Carlo if he can give a public rallying cry you know? He's being interviewed and set up to say these things. I'm not entirely sure what you expect him to say or do?
This. What is he meant to say? "We will see on the night. Some of the lads can't be bothered and I'm the same if its too cold"

It's not what he said that's the main issue it's how often he feels he has to say it, that's my gripe.
But he doesn't feel like he needs to say it, that was my point. Someone comes and sits with him and says I need a few words for the program. Over about 5 minutes or less they ask him how he felt after the Fulham game, how he's going to make sure it doesn't happen again, why he thinks we're playing like that etc. He answers the questions and they type it up as if he wrote it as a speech. He's not going out of his way to give a rallying cry, he's just answering questions put to him by the club. If he didn't do it they'd just write it as if he had anyway.

This is happening too much for my liking how often has Coleman come out and had to say something along the lines of "we have something to prove". If a group of professional players can't keep themselves motivated with a top 4 position within grasp and 2 games in hand then there's a serious problem mentally within the squad.
This team have had something to prove far too often, which means we are putting in sub pat performances far too often.

No, No, No, we have heard this crap a thousand times before.

We don't believe you so just shut up.

This is happening too much for my liking how often has Coleman come out and had to say something along the lines of "we have something to prove". If a group of professional players can't keep themselves motivated with a top 4 position within grasp and 2 games in hand then there's a serious problem mentally within the squad.
This team have had something to prove far too often, which means we are putting in sub pat performances far too often.

The thing is though mate you're coming at this as a spectator rather than one of the players or staff, and like all of us have next to no idea about the kind of strain a game of football like the one against spurs can have on a team, especially if just a few days later they must play another team, well rested, and motivated by thoughts of relegation. People assume its a lack of motivation or effort on their part, but I'm almost certain that in almost all cases the players themselves will want to succeed far more than any fan ever could. Sometimes though they just hit a wall.

Kinda reminds me of Hitler screaming at his generals to push forward and take the objectives without even trying to understand that his troops were physically spent! Nope, all he thought was that it was a question of will and motivation (COWARDS!) whereas his generals themselves (like the Everton management) actually understood the situation on the ground, and had to work with and consider the practical difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.