Rally the troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep though true, instead of people been happy if we did win v City, you can bet your life that there will be more moaning about not beating Fulham, than beating City lol

I’ll probably be one of them like lol

It’s true though. This is Everton though and we have been used to this type of behaviour for far too long now. Win when the pressure is off lose vice versa.

It's not like he's going out asking Carlo if he can give a public rallying cry you know? He's being interviewed and set up to say these things. I'm not entirely sure what you expect him to say or do?
He could say it as it is.. "we've thrown away far too many points against teams we should be beating, there's a problem at this club and it needs sorting"

These rally cry’s he does in the media on a monthly basis should be happening on the pitch when it’s still possible get something from game.
if it keeps happening then he’s not really a good captain is he.

This is happening too much for my liking how often has Coleman come out and had to say something along the lines of "we have something to prove". If a group of professional players can't keep themselves motivated with a top 4 position within grasp and 2 games in hand then there's a serious problem mentally within the squad.
This team have had something to prove far too often, which means we are putting in sub pat performances far too often.
TBF to him he was trying against Fulham, one of the very few.
But I agree, it is getting to be some kind of joke now

0-C1-FC844-906-C-4684-8-DE6-4-F432-D7-E8-E70.gif

Reckon this is the locker room at FF when Coleman organises one of his monthly “rally cries”

You can never fault Coleman's endeavour and love for the club. However, his legs have gone and therefore rallying these days needs to be done by Allan, although I don't know how good his English is?

This is happening too much for my liking how often has Coleman come out and had to say something along the lines of "we have something to prove". If a group of professional players can't keep themselves motivated with a top 4 position within grasp and 2 games in hand then there's a serious problem mentally within the squad.
This team have had something to prove far too often, which means we are putting in sub pat performances far too often.
I'm beyond tired of Coleman coming out with these exact statements time after time until they've become meaningless. It's a shame because each time the captain of the club dusts off the same old script of empty excuses devoid of any genuine meaning it feels like a slap in the face and a reminder of how deeply ingrained the loser bottle job DNA runs throughout Everton.

It's not really his or any of the players fault. The club throws the microphone in front of them and they have to deliver these painfully rehearsed lines.

I actively avoid listening to or watching any player interviews. Nothing of importance ever gets mentioned. Even on the rare occasion they do have something of interest to share they'd be told not to by the powers that be.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.