Rally the troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is happening too much for my liking how often has Coleman come out and had to say something along the lines of "we have something to prove". If a group of professional players can't keep themselves motivated with a top 4 position within grasp and 2 games in hand then there's a serious problem mentally within the squad.
This team have had something to prove far too often, which means we are putting in sub pat performances far too often.

Forget the group mentality. How about individual professional pride. If I went into work and gave 20% I'd get into trouble. It's fine if you're an Everton player though.

I genuinely lose sympathy for them after performances like Sunday's. "A point to prove" - just give me a minimum standard of effort please.

Forget the group mentality. How about individual professional pride. If I went into work and gave 20% I'd get into trouble. It's fine if you're an Everton player though.

I genuinely lose sympathy for them after performances like Sunday's. "A point to prove" - just give me a minimum standard of effort please.
I don't think the club has any expectation on the players. If you turn up and smile during training for the videos thats all they require. Winning trophies is something other clubs do

0-C1-FC844-906-C-4684-8-DE6-4-F432-D7-E8-E70.gif

Reckon this is the locker room at FF when Coleman organises one of his monthly “rally cries”

“monthly”?

If only it was required that infrequently :(

This is happening too much for my liking how often has Coleman come out and had to say something along the lines of "we have something to prove". If a group of professional players can't keep themselves motivated with a top 4 position within grasp and 2 games in hand then there's a serious problem mentally within the squad.
This team have had something to prove far too often, which means we are putting in sub pat performances far too often.
CBA even reading the communications office-approved, sanitized-for-the-media, inane, controversy-averse, empty platitudes that will be Coleman's "rallying cry".

The sad thing is, he strikes me as the type to genuinely get irate with some of his colleagues for their craven laziness against Fulham. I'd love to see a video from the locker room after the Fulham defeat.

The time is long when one or two players coming out and giving a rallying cry following a dismal collapse is sufficient to win over fans. We need players to be judged by their actions, we need to see players stepping up and earning their lavish salaries. Keep your mouth shut and let your talent, your resolve and the sweat of your your brow do the talking.
And start tomorrow night.

hello buddies as the appointed captain he is showing leadership and owning the crisis. when u progress from the drive thru to running the tables u may learn these concepts.
Pity he doesn't do it where he gets paid to do it, like on the pitch instead of in the echo or speaking to one of the press guys at finch farm

Pity he doesn't do it where he gets paid to do it, like on the pitch instead of in the echo or speaking to one of the press guys at finch farm
it seems ur new to everton welcome buddy he has played for the toffees ( everton nickname ) for 11 years now. he is not from the local area tho he is from a place called island across the sea which is sort of the same country and parts of it pretend to be different. why dont u introduce urself buddy what is ur name and where u from??

it seems ur new to everton welcome buddy he has played for the toffees ( everton nickname ) for 11 years now. he is not from the local area tho he is from a place called island across the sea which is sort of the same country and parts of it pretend to be different. why dont u introduce urself buddy what is ur name and where u from??
Speaka da english not in riddles.
I've been around these parts far longer than you, so I'm entitled to have a pop whenever I want without you poking your nose in.

Speaka da english not in riddles.
I've been around these parts far longer than you, so I'm entitled to have a pop whenever I want without you poking your nose in.
no buddy i have most definitely been here longer than u but if ur shy that is ok u do not need to share ur name and where ur from. please try and learn more everton if u want to fit in tho thank u.

no buddy i have most definitely been here longer than u but if ur shy that is ok u do not need to share ur name and where ur from. please try and learn more everton if u want to fit in tho thank u.
You seem like an intelligent person, instead of trying to be a smart @rse all your life, why don't you try contributing something useful to the discussion, go on, you might even enjoy it and learn some new words.

You seem like an intelligent person, instead of trying to be a smart @rse all your life, why don't you try contributing something useful to the discussion, go on, you might even enjoy it and learn some new words.
i have contributed to the thread thru out buddy and i think it is has been pretty useful sorry if u did not think so. shall we exchange a new word each?? i like this game. u go first my buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.