2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Rafael’s got a history of falling out with players who don’t tow the line,” Murphy added.

“Xabi Alonso, Fernando Torres, John Terry, at Real Madrid you had Ramos, Ronaldo and Alonso being the obvious one at Liverpool.

“What he’s done with Digne, he’s cut his nose off to spite his face. Maybe he’s not playing because he’s questioned him.”

Pathetic really this, he needs to just be jibbed, Richarlison will be next to be dropped or "not available".

Hes a show, a poor man manager who can't deal with people questioning his egotistical ways. Dinosaur in football.
Probably the first time ever I agree with something Murphy has said!

I was looking at his career stats earlier and there is a steady decline over the years since his peak. This is what stubborn conservatism does to people, they end up backwards

Bro it's his inability to adapt, not his footballing conservativism, that has sent him backward.

This is why I'd like to see a young manager come in next with some new ideas. I'm actually pretty tired of seeing the same old faces. Arteta, Gerrard, Patrick Vieira, these are the types of managers who'll drive the game forward and set the tone for the next 15 years.

Ideally I'd like our own, and I'm not ashamed to say I'd be fully onboard with Lampard if the opportunity arises. Why? Well. He's smart, respected, has good contacts and evidently wants to nurture talent (see Derby and Chelsea for more details).

Yes, he'll make mistakes but I'd rather have him making them after 2 seasons of management than continue to watch Rafael make them after 20.

If my situation did become reality, I'd really want us as fan base to try and not chase him out of the door if things don't always go according to plan. But I'd also like the board to come out and tell us exactly why they're enthusiastic about a candidate like him, and what the direction of flight actually it.

…as Carragher says, ‘he seeks confrontation, he thrives on confrontation’.

He doesn’t fall out with players, he picks conflict with players. There’s a difference here. He wants everybody to be subservient, he’ll be looking for the next one to fall out with.

This is it mate, he wants that's confrontation - so he can assert whatever his ego wants.

He is a poor manager, poor poor manager who can't create those relationships with players that they need.

You say that, yet we could still finish in the top 10. Even get in to Europe.

Maybe I'm being an optimist, but I think in the new years if we have a good window, we can put a good run together.

Rafas teams always finish well.
Why are you pretending to be an Everton fan mate? Seriously, you have severe issues.
Even if it started off as a bit of a joke, surely you must be getting tired of it by now.

Bro it's his inability to adapt, not his footballing conservativism, that has sent him backward.

This is why I'd like to see a young manager come in next with some new ideas. I'm actually pretty tired of seeing the same old faces. Arteta, Gerrard, Patrick Vieira, these are the types of managers who'll drive the game forward and set the tone for the next 15 years.

Ideally I'd like our own, and I'm not ashamed to say I'd be fully onboard with Lampard if the opportunity arises. Why? Well. He's smart, respected, has good contacts and evidently wants to nurture talent (see Derby and Chelsea for more details).

Yes, he'll make mistakes but I'd rather have him making them after 2 seasons of management than continue to watch Rafael make them after 20.

If my situation did become reality, I'd really want us as fan base to try and not chase him out of the door if things don't always go according to plan. But I'd also like the board to come out and tell us exactly why they're enthusiastic about a candidate like him, and what the direction of flight actually it.
It's his conservatism, lack of openness to change, that causes his inability to adapt imo. It worked before, should work now kind of thing.
Regardless of the why, he clearly is out of his depth now when all his tactics have been well studied by up and coming managers.
I'd bite your hand off for Lampard tbh, more exciting and more expansive football. Sure he'll not be the finished article but Benitez is the finished article, with finished being the operative word

Rafael thriving on confrontation, as many of his former players seem to state publicly, actually makes a lot of sense now..

Only a man who loves the drama and has to prove himself to himself would take this job in his situation.

It's not actually about his house on Merseyside, it's about coming in trying to wade through as much controversy and bad vibes as possible so he can get some weird validation with himself.

Strange.

…as Carragher says, ‘he seeks confrontation, he thrives on confrontation’.

He doesn’t fall out with players, he picks conflict with players. There’s a difference here. He wants everybody to be subservient, he’ll be looking for the next one to fall out with.

What's wrong with conflict? I would expect and hope for conflict inside an underperforming team.

The bit in bold we have no way of knowing.

Welcome to team Lampard

I will continue to push his name forward and challenge all criticisms of him which are only due to the fact he's not Thomas Tuchel.

Status
Not open for further replies.