2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Benitez gets sacked like this then the cleaning of house stops and the "Everton That" era rumbles on untouched and still crippling the club.

I dont want that and neither should any Evertonian.

The players - clear them out.
The coaches - clear them out.
The remainder of the board - clear them out.
And if Benitez doesn't get sacked then any cleaning of the house will be taking place in the championship. All the clear outs in the world won't fix the club if we're rotting away in lower league obscurity with a dinosaur manager that was past it over a decade ago and only becomes even more obsolete by the day.

17/18 - Newcastle 18th after 18 games, finished 10th.

18/19 - No wins in first 10 games. 18th at game 22, finished 13th.
That's 2 good examples tbf to you, but would you be happy with a strong finish only because of the fear of relegation?
Has he had any strong finishes nowhere near the relegation zone?

He won't be. Everyone is predicting a loss, so the game is pretty meaningless.

He has already been promised the transfer window and a chance to bring in his own players.
Yup you’re right, meaningless to probably anyone who isn’t a Chelsea fan or an Everton fan, oh and probably the kopites who will use it as another opportunity to laugh at what’s happening here under your man!

I got it slightly wrong. Thought he was a point ahead, but it was a game in hand to go 2 ahead. So I stand corrected. But it still is a fairly appalling job he did there.
Sorry mate am backing you up hahaha he had a game in hand when he started and am sure he actually got out the relegation zone at one point.

Awful manager, really poor.

Went down and had the biggest wage budget the championship had seen (after signing players on LARGE contracts).2

You say that, yet we could still finish in the top 10. Even get in to Europe.

Maybe I'm being an optimist, but I think in the new years if we have a good window, we can put a good run together.

Rafas teams always finish well.

….it’s an interesting point you make as it’s almost aligned to my post about us regularly going behind.

He sets us up to consolidate and allows opposition possession. We usually go behind in games & then play more positively. You allude to his teams finishing the season well, perhaps that’s further supports that his teams are better when they dispose of his tactics and play more expansively.

Sensational record in a graveyard of a country for football.

Why do people goto china? Money and to retire.

No-one who is successful goes there for any other reason.
But Chazzle you must remember that although he was midtable with the treble-winning Inter Milan side, if he had gotten the full season they may have finished as high as 7th as he always finishes the season strong.

….it’s an interesting point you make as it’s almost aligned to my post about us regularly going behind.

He sets us up to consolidate and allows opposition possession. We usually go behind in games & then play more positively. You allude to his teams finishing the season well, perhaps that’s further supports that his teams are better when they dispose of his tactics and play more expansively.
His Chelsea team 'finished strong' after a near mutiny where Mr. Benitez asked his players what type of football they wished to play. After he listened to them, they won the Europa League.

But Chazzle you must remember that although he was midtable with the treble-winning Inter Milan side, if he had gotten the full season they may have finished as high as 7th as he always finishes the season strong.

Its not like he has devoured a Treble winning team, or destroyed a Champions league winning team - or is despised by most fans who he has managed and destroyed.

Finishes the season strong by getting sacked and paid off more like.

Status
Not open for further replies.