2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep saying how Benitez drills his defence and keeps them organised but we are the most passive and disinterested team in the league and we are among the worst set piece defenders in the league. So what does he actually do? Ancelotti was supposedly a hands off 'let them play' coach but we were always solid at the least and had a great set piece record.

Commentators always slagged off our weird set up for free kicks and corners under ancelotti because it was a bit 'unconventional' but soon as ancelotti goes our set piece defending goes out the window.

A good question here, does anyone seriously look at this team and think "that's a team that should be fighting for Europe"

No. It's a team performing roughly where it stacks up in comparison to the rest of the league.

The frustration comes from years of mismanagement, of poor signings, of wasted millions and huge missed chances.

That is all being laid at the door of one man after a very poor run.

….a good answer here, it’s definitely a team that is disorganised & tactically inept. It’s definitely a team that would have more points if properly managed.

I couldn’t care less that he used to manage Liverpool, it was clear from day one that he wasn’t the right man to take over. We needed a young progressive manager who could rebuild the club, not a defensive manager who’s best days are well behind him.

However, the same as anyone who comes through the door, I gave him the opportunity to change my mind.

Instead he’s played probably the worst football we’ve seen since the 90’s and alienated our best players whilst being tactically negligent in numerous games. The set piece record is unforgivable.

You could sympathise with a run of poor form if you were blooding young players or trying a new tactical approach that takes time, we have no plan or direction, our tactics seem to be everyone behind the ball and hope Gray smashes one in from 40 yards.

It’s time to call it a day, the biggest worry is who will Moshiri appoint next.

Status
Not open for further replies.