2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone out there though that can turn this around right now?

….absolutely. I have no idea who the right person for this job is but we can’t continue to pluck dinosaurs off the managerial merry-go-round, especially somebody as obnoxious as Benitez.

We are better than lots of teams in this league, we need somebody progressive and hungry to be a success rather than somebody dining out on what they did a decade ago. Its the most difficult appointment any club has to make, surely Moshiri can employ people who will find us the right man.

….a good answer here, it’s definitely a team that is disorganised & tactically inept. It’s definitely a team that would have more points if properly managed.
If people asks themselves would you feel more confident going into games with a different manager , would another manager have this team performing better or more points on the board then I’m certain the answer is yes to all three questions . If it is then the next question should be what’s he still doing here ?

I couldn’t care less that he used to manage Liverpool, it was clear from day one that he wasn’t the right man to take over. We needed a young progressive manager who could rebuild the club, not a defensive manager who’s best days are well behind him.

However, the same as anyone who comes through the door, I gave him the opportunity to change my mind.

Instead he’s played probably the worst football we’ve seen since the 90’s and alienated our best players whilst being tactically negligent in numerous games. The set piece record is unforgivable.

You could sympathise with a run of poor form if you were blooding young players or trying a new tactical approach that takes time, we have no plan or direction, our tactics seem to be everyone behind the ball and hope Gray smashes one in from 40 yards.

It’s time to call it a day, the biggest worry is who will Moshiri appoint next.

He’ll appoint Rooney who’ll be sacked in March after winning 1 game in 15 and Dunc will take us down.

The performance and results are a bit worrying, I must admit. On the other hand, it is a bit as expected. It takes time before the effects of changes become visible. It is not a linear process, although we like to think it is.

What is happening now is that the system is experiencing imbalance. Benitez has implemented a number of changes and requirements for players, support staff, organization, etc. It is only natural that he will experience resistance, and many are not willing to change. This happens in any culture, organization, where someone comes from the outside and threatens the identity and conditions of those who reside in this system.

So I think there will be far more noise in the coming weeks, maybe months, and that's a good thing. Then those who are happy with the status quo will be smoked out. Often these are people who are least expected to hold these attitudes, but they are also the ones who benefit the most from the situation as it is now.

Fans must avoid falling into the trap and become these people's good helpers. In that case, we will just repeat this circle - over and over again.

….a good answer here, it’s definitely a team that is disorganised & tactically inept. It’s definitely a team that would have more points if properly managed.

I think the team is indisciplined, lacking concentration and error prone, more than it is disorganised or tactically inept. Though it is absolutely disorganised and tactically inept.

If people asks themselves would you feel more confident going into games with a different manager , would another manager have this team performing better or more points on the board then I’m certain the answer is yes to all three questions . If it is then the next question should be what’s he still doing here ?

I think any fan would feel more confident going into games with a new manager. But does that have any bearing on the result? It is short term thinking.

Mid season and we are 14th, 2 points off 10th and 3 points off 9th, which is about where I'd have expected any new manager to finish with this squad, a load of injuries and £2m to spend.

A good question here, does anyone seriously look at this team and think "that's a team that should be fighting for Europe"

No. It's a team performing roughly where it stacks up in comparison to the rest of the league.

The frustration comes from years of mismanagement, of poor signings, of wasted millions and huge missed chances.

That is all being laid at the door of one man after a very poor run.
It's a team that at bare minimum, should be capable of finishing in the top 10.

Chelsea are not playing well either.

We won three out of our opening four games at the start of this season. We've also lost three games in a row since then.

The team are equally capable of these runs. But that is where we are.
We havnt won at Chelsea for over 20 years
Last 2 games at Stamford bridge is a score of 7-0 an looks more likely to be 10-0
Everton have zero chance of winning at Chelsea

I think the team is indisciplined and error prone, more than it is disorganised or tactically inept. Though it is absolutely disorganised and tactically inept.

I would feel more confident going into games with a new manager. But does that have any bearing on the result?

Mid season and we are 14th, 2 points off 10th and 3 points off 9th, which is about where I'd have expected any new manager to finish with this squad, a load of injuries and £2m to spend.
We’re bottom of the form table , have been ahead for about 2 mins all season , brighton aside played pretty poorly even in the games we’ve won , suffered our worst derby home defeat since the 80’s , shipped 5 to Watford , lost to palace at selhurst for the first time in a decade , won one game since September but yeah its all going to plan .

If you’re happy mate fair enough .Personally I’m fed up and angry .

Status
Not open for further replies.