2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not saying that I think we will, but the team is capable of doing it and already has this season. It is also capable of losing three out of four.

This inconsisent form is to be expected for the standard of players we have.
I think we’re poor made worse by a poor manager whose ideas look prehistoric and seems intent on alienating our players and I don’t think their is a chance of this current set up achieving that , I also think brighton aside that 3 out of 4 massively flattered us .

Under this fella We aren’t inconsistent we’re crap

I think we’re poor made worse by a poor manager whose ideas look prehistoric and seems intent on alienating our players and I don’t think their is a chance of this current set up achieving that , I also think brighton aside that 3 out of 4 massively flattered us .

Imagine thinking 1 win in 12 games is just inconsistent

A good question here, does anyone seriously look at this team and think "that's a team that should be fighting for Europe"

No. It's a team performing roughly where it stacks up in comparison to the rest of the league.

The frustration comes from years of mismanagement, of poor signings, of wasted millions and huge missed chances.

That is all being laid at the door of one man after a very poor run.
You make valid points, in that the team itself is where it is but as the manager, he WILL carry the can on this as no club in the country or further afield is gonna undergo the sort of change that is required mid season or "quickly"

There is no denying that root and branch change is due but all that "sits above" this will not be resolved, whereas results on the pitch need to be addressed and that sits with him 100%

A poor appointment yes, a poor manager absolutely, a poor team, yes and poor boardroom 100% but who is gonna bite the bullet? Benítez 100% and soon, no matter what Mosh states publicly he can see what the fans are seeing and how the fans, media etc are reacting.

A good question here, does anyone seriously look at this team and think "that's a team that should be fighting for Europe"

No. It's a team performing roughly where it stacks up in comparison to the rest of the league.

The frustration comes from years of mismanagement, of poor signings, of wasted millions and huge missed chances.

That is all being laid at the door of one man after a very poor run.
Whenever people say this it just makes it look like they're seeing what they want to see instead of whats happening. Everything isn't being laid at Benitez's door at all in fact I'm really surprised he's got away as lightly as he has in a lot of ways. Brands Moshiri Kenwright Baxendale Ferguson the medical team and pretty much every player is getting loads of stick for things being like this just open your eyes. The state of the club isn't on Benitez but the cowardly tactics bad subs and inability to coach people to defend set pieces are.

The Benitez appointment was the wrong one because it took the focus off the players, which maybe was the intention all along, to free up the pressure on them after two disappointing years. If any other manager had been appointed, anyone at all, the players would be getting the full force of the fan anger.

Changing the manager achieves nothing other than letting these players off the hook for another 18 months. I have no problem with him alienating our best players when they are not performing and others have already said for 12 months they want to leave. Somebody has to raise the standards for these players, let them know the easy ride is over, hopefully that is what RB is doing.

The Benitez appointment was the wrong one because it took the focus off the players, which maybe was the intention all along, to free up the pressure on them after two disappointing years. If any other manager had been appointed, anyone at all, the players would be getting the full force of the fan anger.

Changing the manager achieves nothing other than letting these players off the hook for another 18 months. I have no problem with him alienating our best players when they are not performing and others have already said for 12 months they want to leave. Somebody has to raise the standards for these players, let them know the easy ride is over, hopefully that is what RB is doing.
I don’t want to let the players off the hook but excusing this joker to me frankly seems insane.

Each to their own but in my opinion he’s awful at his job and totally the wrong fit , every day he’s here the damage gets worse and the repair will take longer .I believed it when he was appointed and I still think it today , The club will regret this for years .

Whenever people say this it just makes it look like they're seeing what they want to see instead of whats happening. Everything isn't being laid at Benitez's door at all in fact I'm really surprised he's got away as lightly as he has in a lot of ways. Brands Moshiri Kenwright Baxendale Ferguson the medical team and pretty much every player is getting loads of stick for things being like this just open your eyes. The state of the club isn't on Benitez but the cowardly tactics bad subs and inability to coach people to defend set pieces are.

Yep.

Media and everyone else has deflected the blame from Benitez.

Board disruption and poor historic transfers does not excuse not being able to defend corners when last season we could

Not defending Ferguson at all, but its pretty obvious from the start this season he's been told to sit down and shut up!
If true then any respect I had for him has gone. I for one would never stand for that and would Voice my displeasure. He's turning into a stooge, God forbid he gets the reigns again. If you skip to 7:45 in this training video and just see the amateur hour training.

Status
Not open for further replies.