2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok , honestly crap answer but ok

The fans have to accept the manager is only a small boil in a giant carbuncle of rubbish at Everton.

Poor Chairman
Poor CEO
gutless squad of largely average players
FFP problems so limited budget
Owner who places his trust in the wrong people

People may be happy winning the odd game or two more under someone other than Benitez and finishing 8th-12th instead of say 14th but we're still light years away from genuinely competing for Europe/trophies.

I cant get excited by that so go ahead do what you need to do with Benitez but I wont be thinking the next sap to take on this poisoned chalice of a job will be taking us into the promise land because more than likely they'll be sacked themselves within 18 months.

Agree that Benitez is setting up his own little dictatorship - this is a result of failing results so he is trying to mitigate the failings on the pitch by trying to bolster himself off it so that he can fail while retaining his position.

None of this conflict would be happening if we were getting results.

-14 goal difference. Level with norwich city.
Ffs.
I can understand to a large extent the fury over us wasting millions on useless players but his predecessors all got a tune from virtually the same sort of useless squad and all suffered horrendous injury lists too.

Why oh why do we only make an excuse for this manager and decide it's only for Benitez that the fans will rise up against the past signings and the board. His unfortunate predecessors were just sacked (or left).

Rafä has pulled the same 'blame the board' trick out at his past few clubs too, the fans are time and time again giving him a free ride at every club. It's as if it's blame anything and everything as long as it's not blame Benitez

Well this time the trick won't work. The same mitigation and excuses can't be used at every club at different times under different boards - The Common Denominator and the Elephant in the room that has to admit his culpability at last is BENITEZ

He has to go

The tactics he uses against the likes of Palace and Brentford speak volumes. He still thinks we are a ‘small club’ and sets us up like one

He's not. Carlo did that defensively pragmatic approach far more than Benitez did and got results/made us hard to beat/difficult to play against.

Rafael plays 1 way. Won't change. He's not set us up to be ultra defensive (4th worst defence in the league) or to be effective on a counter/attack (5th worst in the league for shots). Add to the fact we can't defend set pieces (joint 3rd worst), he's not making us out to be a "small club" he's just doing a terrible job

We were encamped in our half for best part of 60 minutes.
Could have Lewandowski up front , he wouldnt have got a sniff either.

Great tactics them.

Yeah that's it for me. Yes we had enough moments to get something from the game... But ultimately we were so passive against a time who were absolutely there for the taking tonight. Its one of those things were you almost seal your own fate when you refuse to impose yourself on the game.

I tend to agree with FB, our problems won't be solved with a change of manager. Literally anyone will struggle with this squad but today was so passive and awful... Just don't know what the solution is.
I think the main issue is, as you said, the bile aimed at him. It’s made a bad situation a million times worse, because that’s were the anger will be aimed.

He was an outdated manager, the majority knew it. He can’t adapt and now he’s caused issues at the board and low with the players

The fans have to accept the manager is only a small boil in a giant carbuncle of rubbish at Everton.

Poor Chairman
Poor CEO
gutless squad of largely average players
FFP problems so limited budget
Owner who places his trust in the wrong people

People may be happy winning the odd game or two more under someone other than Benitez and finishing 8th-12th instead of say 14th but we're still light years away from genuinely competing for Europe/trophies.

I cant get excited by that so go ahead do what you need to do with Benitez but I wont be thinking the next sap to take on this posioned chalice of a job will be taking us into the promised lands.
Yes, finishing 8th-12th is better than finishing 14th. Let's have that instead please.

Status
Not open for further replies.