2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fans have to accept the manager is only a small boil in a giant carbuncle of rubbish at Everton.

Poor Chairman
Poor CEO
gutless squad of largely average players
FFP problems so limited budget
Owner who places his trust in the wrong people

People may be happy winning the odd game or two more under someone other than Benitez and finishing 8th-12th instead of say 14th but we're still light years away from genuinely competing for Europe/trophies.

I cant get excited by that so go ahead do what you need to do with Benitez but I wont be thinking the next sap to take on this posioned chalice of a job will be taking us into the promise land because more than likely they'll be sacked themselves within 18 months.
Blah blah blah

He’s sacked at any other club mate

I can understand to a large extent the fury over us wasting millions on useless players but his predecessors all got a tune from virtually the same sort of useless squad and all suffered horrendous injury lists too.

Why oh why ido we only make an excuse for this manager and decide it's only for Benitez that the fans will rise up against the past signings and the board. His unfortunate predecessors were just sacked (or left).

Rafä has pulled the same 'blame the board' trick of at his past few clubs too, the fans are time and time again giving him a free ride at every club. It's as if it's blame anything and everything as long as it's not blame Benitez

Well this time the trick won't work. The same mitigation and excuses can't be used at every club at different times under different boards - The Common Denominator and the Elephant in the room that has to admit his culpability at last is BENITEZ

He has to go

Not one of the media outlets have questioned him. They all think that it's the £500mill spent on garbage is the issue and not the manager.

The spend is the issue in terms of not getting success. It sure as hell not the issue to be a competent side.

The fans have to accept the manager is only a small boil in a giant carbuncle of rubbish at Everton.

Poor Chairman
Poor CEO

People may be happy winning the odd game or two more under someone other than Benitez and finishing 8th-12th instead of say 14th but we're still light years away from genuinely competing for Europe/trophies.

I cant get excited by that so go ahead do what you need to do with Benitez but I wont be thinking the next sap to take on this posioned chalice of a job will be taking us into the promised lands.
I’ve tried but frankly he’s poison . I stand by and I’m ready to change my mind when we win 8 on the Run or when we just aren’t horrific . I Hope we beat Chelsea & then win the next 50 games but evidence suggests he’s wrong for us !

Frankly I hate him being our manager , he’s not just a RS he’s crap as well.

If you're claiming new manager bounce then you have to mention the injury crisis too. At least make it a fair question.

All teams get injuries. Carlo last season at Brighton got a point with a midfield of Holgate and Davies - this was the bench;

Iwobi, Nkonkou, Broadhead, Virginia, John, Tyrer, Price, Welch.

Much worse - he just didn’t cry about it.

He is absolutely trolling us.

Says this about allan:
He was not really bad but he was feeling something - and we cannot take any risk with any player.

Then straight after says this:
"It is the same case for Richarlison, who has a calf [problem] and at half-time we were thinking about making the substitution.

So can't take any risk with any player but takes a risk with richarlison by leaving him on. Also took a risk by getting mina rubber stamped to comeback when he wasn't ready. Then the reports he was pressuring Donachie to sign off DCL as fit when he wasn't.

He is a liar through and through.

Poor Chairman
Poor CEO

I cant get excited by that so go ahead do what you need to do with Benitez but I wont be thinking the next sap to take on this poisoned chalice of a job will be taking us into the promise land because more than likely they'll be sacked themselves within 18 months.

That's not the issue though.

This issue is having a manager that can set up his team to look like one and stop conceding from set pieces for one. Baby steps.

Agree that Benitez is setting up his own little dictatorship - this is a result of failing results so he is trying to mitigate the failings on the pitch by trying to bolster himself off it so that he can fail while retaining his position.

None of this conflict would be happening if we were getting results.

The thing is he's tried to do this at every club he's been at. He's always in conflict with the owners because he doesn't get his every whim pandered to. Ashley rarely gave him what he wanted in particular (as bad an owner as he was). And Benitez had the Geordies eating out the palm of his hand because he was at war with the owner they hated.

The difference is Moshiri seems to cater to his every demand. He's never had that before.

I'm not against Rafael but he's being given too much power now.

I can understand to a large extent the fury over us wasting millions on useless players but his predecessors all got a tune from virtually the same sort of useless squad and all suffered horrendous injury lists too.

Why oh why do we only make an excuse for this manager and decide it's only for Benitez that the fans will rise up against the past signings and the board. His unfortunate predecessors were just sacked (or left).

Rafä has pulled the same 'blame the board' trick of at his past few clubs too, the fans are time and time again giving him a free ride at every club. It's as if it's blame anything and everything as long as it's not blame Benitez

Well this time the trick won't work. The same mitigation and excuses can't be used at every club at different times under different boards - The Common Denominator and the Elephant in the room that has to admit his culpability at last is BENITEZ

He has to go
I actually think he is benefitting from the fact that half the fanbase didn't want him in the first place. Criticism of him now by fans is taken with a grain of salt and the action is taken elsewhere(Brands)... Objectively speaking this form is relegation and unacceptable but he'll ride it out because 'poor Rafael getting a hard time from ungrateful Toffees just because he managed Liverpool, poor Rafael'
He's awful. Even Sean Dyche has more attacking fullbacks than us! Bottom of the form table with some of the teams in this division is just too much and if Moshiri can't see that then he can stick his Bramley Moore up his.....

I’ve tried but frankly he’s poison . I stand by and I’m ready to change my mind when we win 8 on the Run or when we just aren’t horrific . I Hope we beat Chelsea & then win the next 50 games but evidence suggests he’s wrong for us !

Frankly I hate him being our manager , he’s not just a RS he’s crap as well.
I personally couldn't care less about his RS links - they are just the final cherry on top of the cake of reasons why he shouldn't have been given the job.

My main issue is that he's just a really bad manager

I tend to agree with FB, our problems won't be solved with a change of manager. Literally anyone will struggle with this squad but today was so passive and awful... Just don't know what the solution is.
Come mate you're better than this answer.
He was & is NEVER ever the right appointment , personalities aside he's been finished for years.

Some may think just cos he got the gig we should go all out & back him....not for me.
Its like being given a retired Blackpool donkey to run in the Grand National.

Plain & simple.....finished & ultimately nowhere near good enough for this club.

Poor Chairman
Poor CEO

I cant get excited by that so go ahead do what you need to do with Benitez but I wont be thinking the next sap to take on this posioned chalice of a job will be taking us into the promised lands.

We understand all that, but the minimum we expect, is a coherent game plan, which at least sets the team up to play on the front foot.

Instead what we have is Allardyce style anti football, hoping for a worldee to win the game, players who clearly aren’t buying into it and fans ( Geordies ) on the war path.

This is not a recipe for anything other than disaster.

It would be beneficial for everyone, if the fans at Newcastle turned on Howe and their messiah returned to them.

That way everyone saves face and he could ride off into the sunset of the Championship with his beloved Toon Army, blaming Bruce and Howe.

I personally couldn't care less about his RS links - they are just the final cherry on top of the cake of reasons why he shouldn't have been given the job.

My main issue is that he's just a really bad manager
Look I won’t lie its part of it for me , I could pretend its not , but that’s not the real issue . The real issue is he’s crap and appears to want to ruin the club applauded from the sidelines by various flotsam and jetsam.

Status
Not open for further replies.