2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to me like the master of blame and deflection is trying to get rid of 2 of the only decent players that we have to create a budget so he can buy more of his dross.

The saddest thing is that Moshiri has fallen for the Benitez bull**** hook line and sinker.

We probably won't go down this season but we are in a terminal decline whilst these fools are in charge

@ForeverBlue92 as an Evertonian , not a weird manager obsessive or hopefully not an insane contrary troll (no names , no pack drill ) you can’t be happy ? Honestly , seriously , you just can’t . That was woeful and yet again he’s apparently approached his subs to ‘challenge us’ . Sorry but that was just dreadful , we all know that

Im not happy but I haven't been happy with Everton for a long time now tbh.

Changing the manager is like trying to treat a stab wound with a plaster.

No because if he’s allowed to do that then he will relegate us

No amount of morbid fascination will permit me to accept that

I dont think he will. Norwich and Newcastle are gone and there are far worse sides in terms of quality when needed to get over a line.

So no, don't fear relegation but I do fear long term how the club will be after this season as our key assets will go

The squad is poor but not this poor. Not this type of drop as it's not been like that even under Silva.

Even the most hardened Benitez fans can see he's doing the opposite of what people thought he'd do on the pitch

Watching SSN just made me laugh…Alan Pardew said Everton not good enough today but the beauty of football is that you have another game soon to sort it out. Maybe he should have checked the fixture list?

The problem is, Benitez has come in and set about tearing everything apart, so far so good, perhaps the club is better without Brands, my opinion is that we are, however Benitez getting contract Dave given some of Brands’ duties seems to suggest that Benitez will do the lions share of them himself.

Then, of course, he gets his own medical people in, ok, I’ve been a big critic of our old medical team for years. The thing is though, he has brought in his own man, who has rubber stamped him bringing Mina back too early, resulting in him getting injured again after 20 odd minutes.

He is now falling out with senior players at the club, the thing is, he seems to be falling out with the players he can sell most easily, Digne and allegedly Allan and it looks like, from today’s events, a bust up with Richarlison is coming.

Now the point I am making, is that, yes, he has come in and started tearing things apart, but, I’m really not sure what he hopes to replace it with. It looks rather like he wants to rid the place of any threats and set up a Benitez dictatorship. That will lead to disaster, because, he is just not good enough in the modern game and he is causing so much unrest and unrest at the club that has t is possible, if he is allowed enough time and given enough freedom, he will take us down and we will be such a mess nobody else will want to come near us.

He's clearly a control freak.

The problem is once you start dumping on everyone else you alienate a lot of staff. There would have players and staff who were good mates with the medic who was bombed out recently for example. There'll be players who are friends of Digne. Players/staff who liked Brands etc. It just adds more toxicity.

The only way we can fix this quickly midseason is to sack this charlatan tonight and hire a proven double act for manager and DOF asap - like Monchi and Emery or Olabe and Imanol or bring back Moyes to do it all and of course Moshiri to retire from footballing decisions.

The tactics he uses against the likes of Palace and Brentford speak volumes. He still thinks we are a ‘small club’ and sets us up like one
Absolutely this.

Look, I still think there are a lot of sh*thouses that pull on the jersey for us, we've seen a fair few of them down tools for multiple managers. But this is compounded by truly awful tactics.

Sitting back in your own half and playing hopeful hoofballs up the pitch against Palace was his tactical setup and it blows my mind that a manager with 13 major trophies in his CV would even consider that approach against a team like that.

In terms of getting beat by dross outfits no - Ancelotti was in the dugout when we lost at home to two out of three teams who went down last season.

Until the players quality/mentality also improves we'll always have a wobbler in us we have done for years.

The problem for Benitez is its been a long run of poor results.

Cant say i think the lack of poor results just happens to be early. And the improvement is coming later on.
Imagine if this is as good as it gets.
28 goals in 16 games. Im struggling to get away from that. For all the he's only spent 1.7m. Its still the same set of defenders. And he's managed to make that worse. When organizing and setting up to be difficult to beat was supposedly his strength.
We're actualy dour and negative without the comfort of stability to balance it up a bit.
What a great mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.