2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can go on about the injuries we have but the manager is not getting anywhere the best out the rest of the squad we have.

I wasn't there yet in the first couple of games of this slide but I'm there now.

Leaving aside Rondon and other stuff.... not putting at least another body in midfield last night, and letting us get overrun, against that side.... their attacking form is just off the charts right now, this was so foreseeable, everyone saw the slaughter coming

Also praising the players for their effort - never want to hear that crap again. First off not true, second off not good enough. Effort is assumed at this level. Organization and a plan need to be introduced by the manager. None of any of that was on display.

It's awful to say but Sam would be doing a better job with the same players right now. We wouldn't have the likes of Godfrey wandering so far out of position for one.

What is that based upon, Kev? He has consistently set us up in a way that sees us sit back, surrender position and hope that the odd punt produces something.

On balance, we have had a few spells in games in which we have had 5 or 10 mins that we did get a goal or two but it is clearly not working and not a method suitable to our squad but more importantly not fit for the game in 2021.

We took a questionable punt on him but he is NOT delivering in any way shape or form. Something has to change, either his stubbornness and his approach or a new manager, someone not deluded enough to follow the same approach.

He method is destroying the moral of the fans, god knows how the players must feel. It seems that we need a moment like that when the senior players confronted Moyes. Something has to give. ?
it's based upon the fact he's a top manager, as his record indicates. Which tells me that once we get Mina and DCL back we will be fine. What we absolutely must not do is listen to people who were screaming for his head when we were top 4. They should not be listened to under any circumstances. they have no objectivity, they are just mindless loons that will plunge the club into disaster by insisting upon a change when we all know how risky that would be.

This argument about injuries is getting tedious. There are lots of teams who never have a fully fit squad for even 1 game of a season.

Our defending comes back to the manager because exactly the same players conceded far fewer goals last year. Of course he takes some of the blame, it's bonkers to suggest otherwise.

I'm not saying he doesn't take some of the blame, but he can't win, he tries to play attacking football and we ship goals because we don't have the right players, if he reverts to a defensive formation some of the guys on here would say he's playing too defensive.

People on here say we need to give youth a chance, he sticks with Gordon who has featured in around a dozen matches and has no return.

We simply do not have the squad.

People forget that Carlo had 6 months before last season, he also spent nearly 70 mil. Rafael has. Been here for 4 months and has spent 1.7 on transfer fees.

Conversely, Whats the Point in Not?

Because every time we sack a manager this run we're on of hiring and sacking managers just gets more and more embarrassing.

Because there's no one available who I can confidently predict will do a better job.

Because there are some reasons that could explain his poor performance (he's not without blame obviously).

Because it would be expensive to sack him and hire a load of new staff and we're up crap creek without a paddle with FFP already.

There are actually lots of reasons not to sack him to be fair.

it's based upon the fact he's a top manager, as his record indicates. Which tells me that once we get Mina and DCL back we will be fine. What we absolutely must not do is listen to people who were screaming for his head when we were top 4. They should not be listened to under any circumstances. they have no objectivity, they are just mindless loons that will plunge the club into disaster by insisting upon a change when we all know how risky that would be.

Mina has not had any long spells without injury since he joined the club.

And why are you mentioning top 4. We just want to be irrelevant in midtable this year after this absymal run.

Status
Not open for further replies.