2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be a fine thing to let a manager go because we were only 7th, even though we were top of our CL group. We are so far away from that. The injuries do matter. Benitez is not a bad manager. I would not have chosen him, but we are in no position to find better. Just two losses above the relegation slots is not good enough. Can DCL and Ducs rescue us? I really hope so.
Benitez is not a bad manager. Most will point to the fact he hasn't won anything the last 7-8 years. Neither did Koeman nor Marco Silva. Only Carlo won something with Bayern (but it was a shock that he joined us). And of all the candidates who applied to Everton job after Carlo, I don't think any of them have won anything or did anything notable for the last 7-8 years. I don't think Galtier applied for Everton job since he has already agreed terms with Nice by the time he was "linked" by the media. Moyes wouldn't have come to us because West Hams qualified for Europe - and the owner chose Carlo over him, which left a bitter taste.

And I don't think managers who won something in the past 3-4 years would want to join us. Because those managers still have a job or are being recruited by bigger clubs. And now with zero transfer budget available due to FFP, most managers won't consider us.

While it frustrates me that Benitez was appointed, I desperately want him to do well because that means we are doing well. I do suggest more patience because of the injuries. DCL and Ducs coming back will help definitely but I hope it's not a little too late. We must recruit in January.

Benitez is not a bad manager. Most will point to the fact he hasn't won anything the last 7-8 years. Neither did Koeman nor Marco Silva. Only Carlo won something with Bayern (but it was a shock that he joined us). And of all the candidates who applied to Everton job after Carlo, I don't think any of them have won anything or did anything notable for the last 7-8 years. I don't think Galtier applied for Everton job since he has already agreed terms with Nice by the time he was "linked" by the media. Moyes wouldn't have come to us because West Hams qualified for Europe - and the owner chose Carlo over him, which left a bitter taste.

And I don't think managers who won something in the past 3-4 years would want to join us. Because those managers still have a job or are being recruited by bigger clubs. And now with zero transfer budget available due to FFP, most managers won't consider us.

While it frustrates me that Benitez was appointed, I desperately want him to do well because that means we are doing well. I do suggest more patience because of the injuries. DCL and Ducs coming back will help definitely but I hope it's not a little too late. We must recruit in January.

The premier league is the most attractive league in the world for a manager

There are 20 teams in the league with a limited window between sackings and hirings.

Lets say hypothetically theres 10 positions each season available.

Why cant we attract top notch managers from overseas?

Answer = The board only want to hire managers with premier league experience.

The premier league is the most attractive league in the world for a manager

There are 20 teams in the league with a limited window between sackings and hirings.

Lets say hypothetically theres 10 positions each season available.

Why cant we attract top notch managers from overseas?

Answer = The board only want to hire managers with premier league experience.
Which is ludicrous as the manager who had us regularly in the top half and qualifying for Europe for 10 years, hadn't managed in the premier league before and had only 4 years experience.

He takes zero responsibility for anything that goes wrong and expects 100% of the credit for anything that goes right.

He called out Gordon publicly after we got thumped by Watford and I will not forget that.
Should have praised the good stuff and took all the negatives onto himself like a good manager should. He sacrificed a young player to protect himself.

A good manager would have instilled a siege mentality after that and got them fighting for him after an event like that. Not this corpulent weasel.

How have we managed to spend all that money on players (and on manager compensation) and end up with one of the worst squads in the top flight. Appalling management at this club, I doubt anyone could get a tune out what we have available.
I doubt any manager could get this squad into top 8 unless they were incredibly lucky with injuries over the season. We should still be a few points better than we are now at this stage even with the injuries IMO. The loss against Watford was massive. Probably could have had 3 points against Spurs.

I wouldn’t say all the signings have been terrible, but there’s been a total failure to address our problems at RB and two of our best players in Mina and Doucoure are pretty injury prone. Obviously Iwobi and Sigurdsson stand out as utterly awful pieces of business, with Rondon just defying comprehension.

People forget that Carlo lost 5-0 to this lot last season with nothing to play for both sides and we had a much stronger lineup that day.

We could have qualified for Europe had we bettered Spurs result. Ultimately, it was irrelevant as Spurs won, but we still had a chance.

We blew it with our abysmal home form, I'm not naïve enough to ignore that, but that final game, where we needed to turn up we didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.