2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have eight games in the league following Boxing Day that will relegate us or save us. Burnley, Villa, Soton, Leeds, Brighton, Norwich and the Geordies twice. It's that run of games Benitez must be thinking about just over the horizon. Only one of those teams - Brighton - is presently in the top half of the table.

Five wins and a draw from those and Premiership safety is assured. Alternately, a run like the one we're on and you can start planning away days in the championship.

The key thing now is Moshiri. Does he hold his nerve and leave Benitez in charge for this upcoming make or break period? Or does this run of futility assume a life of it's own - which means in a series of early 2022 potential six pointers we'll be rolling out Dunc, Unsy and the ball kid as the managerial team again?

That we've backed ourselves into this corner and are facing choices like this speaks volumes in itself. This club is as close to the edge as it's been since Barmby missed that last day penalty, and Dublin put it in the net a minute later. Scarily, as the arl fella pointed out today, we might have fit the noose around our necks so well there's no slipping out of it.

If he could build on that period after we scored and get some sort of result v Arsenal he might stop the rot.

The big issue seems to be his stubbornness and too many failures to change things when he has got it wrong, which he has too many times to be acceptable. Hopefully feeling the the full force of the discontent last night might help but you worry that his stubbornness is built upon arrogance.

Only Everton could find a couple of Billionaires capable of overseeing a 500,000,000 spending spree that makes things worse.

Let us pray that they ALL wake up and do something as I don't want the so and so's ruining my Christmas and starting 2022 on a sour note.

:cheers:

Well if Rafael needs more time and Moshiri is willing to give it him that’s mean only one think , Brands is out … last night Brands was very clear and asked questions is it only players ? there is no future for both of them together in our club , Rafael was not even his choice so looks like we have a winner her

We have eight games in the league following Boxing Day that will relegate us or save us. Burnley, Villa, Soton, Leeds, Brighton, Norwich and the Geordies twice. It's that run of games Benitez must be thinking about just over the horizon. Only one of those teams - Brighton - is presently in the top half of the table.

Five wins and a draw from those and Premiership safety is assured. Alternately, a run like the one we're on and you can start planning away days in the championship.

The key thing now is Moshiri. Does he hold his nerve and leave Benitez in charge for this upcoming make or break period? Or does this run of futility assume a life of it's own - which means in a series of early 2022 potential six pointers we'll be rolling out Dunc, Unsy and the ball kid as the managerial team again?

That we've backed ourselves into this corner and are facing choices like this speaks volumes in itself. This club is as close to the edge as it's been since Barmby missed that last day penalty, and Dublin put it in the net a minute later. Scarily, as the arl fella pointed out today, we might have fit the noose around our necks so well there's no slipping out of it.
Hopefully because the run of games from city on February 26th I would not want us relying getting too many points

Yup, and he never did anything to try and address that either

Instead the onus was put on the supporters who didn't like him to just accept him without him doing any groundwork himself to meet them part of the way

That was never going to work
That's not his thing though is it? He's far from charming, never was, so was relying on results to win us round, but that hasn't worked out and here we are. In a way I'm glad he's not that kind of charmer coz Martinez charmed us all phenomenally well for a good 12 months too long

He knows the city though apparently so we’ll give him time

Whatever that means

If he knew the city then his very first presser would have been him apologising for the comments everyone hates him for and admitting he made them in anger. That one gesture would have helped draw a line under things, and most importantly would have given his supporters the riposte of "He's apologised, get over it", which would have been a legitimate shout

Instead, all they had was "get over it" or "he was right all along", which just caused those who didn't like him to stew and never give him a chance

I can't say I can really blame them

If he had made the effort then I would have genuinely fought his corner a bit, but how can you when he was so arrogant?

Plus, we never looked any smaller than the way he had us playing away at Man City, even during the Moyes years

His word doesn't mean anything.

2nd October

“We are in a bad moment,” Moshiri said, “but we have played the four title contenders, three away. Today was the only unexpected loss. The four pre-qualifying Uefa games and two group games on Thursdays haven’t helped. There is mental and physical fatigue and seven injuries. These are early days and Koeman has my total support. We have great fans and they deserve better. We know the honest and objective expectations of our supporters and will not let them down.”

2 league games later;

23rd October
So theres hope then

Well if Rafael needs more time and Moshiri is willing to give it him that’s mean only one think , Brands is out … last night Brands was very clear and asked questions is it only players ? there is no future for both of them together in our club , Rafael was not even his choice so looks like we have a winner her
I know some (unreliable) media sources have talked of a power struggle. Time will tell. I mean to be fair if Benitez wants Brands sacked I don’t really have too many counter arguments to it lol

Anyone know where the premier league's best attacking left back is? RIP Lucas Digne under FSW. Madness that he's not getting forward more

Status
Not open for further replies.