2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just end it FFS.

Do we really want to be in the bottom 3 before we fire him and then needing these gutless set of players to grow a heart and a pair of bollox for a relegation fight.

He will be fired within a month from now 100% so why wait for 3-4 games to pass us by which leaves us less games to get the sufficient points total.

Just listening to TalkSport, Moshiri has just been in touch with his bestie Jim, and has basically given Benitez his unequivocal backing, said there will be money for him to spend in January, and our [Poor language removed] results have basically been down to injuries, and that Benitez is a very good manager.

Sound.

It's absolutely both. And the board. And the owner. And the DOF. And the rest of the coaching staff.

The only person I'm not blaming for this debacle of a season is Dominic Calvert Lewin
If 2 managers that have over 30 trophies between them, managed the biggest clubs in the word and have won everything at club level can’t sort these cowards out then we’re done

He needed to be top 6 at this point to have any chance, if we were there he couldn’t be complained about to much. But where we are on a terrible run with dire football, it looks to be beyond repair.

The alarm bells started ringing for me at the start of the season when we were in good form and people were still tearing into the manager and making excuses as to why we were winning games. Had people saying that even if he won a cup that they’d never accept him. That’s all I needed to know that he couldn’t possibly ever be a success here. It’s an appointment that should never have happened and it happened because of an imbecilic and selfish clown of an owner, plain and simply.

The issue is that the fans hate Benitez and it’s creating an even more toxic environment. So while the state of the squad may not be his fault, him being here is just adding another problem.

Fair point

And it all goes back to him not taking the time to ever actually try and establish a positive rapport with the fan base when he first came in

His own arrogance created the rod for his back

Do wonder though if we need to stick it out - sacking manager after manager hasn't worked.

This squad is rotten.

They delivered the same form under Ancelotti for the last 13 of last season, as Benitez for the first 13 of this. Both title winning, champions league winning managers.

That's why to me it suggests the identity, the core of this team are wrong'uns.

Benitez spoke about the board knowing the problem. Ancelotti and Coleman spoke of attitude problems.

Brands brought most of these in - he's failed to do a sense check on character IMO.

When we finished 17th with Moyes, we stuck with him. That worked out alright.

Carlo got a hammering once last season. We've had 4 already.

The squad is bad, disjointed, lacking an identity. But it can be changed as Carlo settled on a method himself. We looked like a unit.

Benitez hasn't got that. He's gonna hammer the same thing over and over till it works. If it doesn't, he'll go and want signings/blame the board.

The question would be...is his way one that we want going forward long term?

We're not getting relegated. I'd accept a bottom half finish if there was a sign of something that is worthwhile. There is none so far.

The issue is that the fans hate Benitez and it’s creating an even more toxic environment. So while the state of the squad may not be his fault, him being here is just adding another problem.

Get what your saying mate but that's not the biggest issue IMO.

Despite Benitez having a bigger target on his back, fans 'hate' every manager when the form is bad mate. In Moshiri's own words in 2019;

"Look, Everton is a very, very difficult job in football because you’re two home losses from being disowned by fans"

Ancelotti was a bit of an exception but we still had plenty calling for his head.

The problem, and why we're seeing fans turn against the board, is a complete lack of confidence faith in the setup who'd replace the manager if it comes to it.

Do wonder though if we need to stick it out - sacking manager after manager hasn't worked.

This squad is rotten.

They delivered the same form under Ancelotti for the last 13 of last season, as Benitez for the first 13 of this. Both title winning, champions league winning managers.

That's why to me it suggests the identity, the core of this team are wrong'uns.

Benitez spoke about the board knowing the problem. Ancelotti and Coleman spoke of attitude problems.

Brands brought most of these in - he's failed to do a sense check on character IMO.

When we finished 17th with Moyes, we stuck with him. That worked out alright.
TBH I never wanted Benitez but if I had a choice now to bin most of these heartless players or the manager I’d bin the players .These players are never held to account over there spineless performances

Get what your saying mate but that's not the biggest issue IMO.

Despite Benitez having a bigger target on his back, fans 'hate' every manager when the form is bad mate. In Moshiri's own words in 2019;

"Look, Everton is a very, very difficult job in football because you’re two home losses from being disowned by fans"

Ancelotti was a bit of an exception but we still had plenty calling for his head.

The problem, and why we're seeing fans turn against the board, is a complete lack of confidence faith in the setup who'd replace the manager if it comes to it.

The thing is, fans were on Benitez’s back even when we were winning. Has that ever happened before with a manager? Possibly Allardyce more towards the back end, but certainly not from the start when he took over. It wasn’t just “two home losses” like the Iranian tosser was saying. When fans are on your back for winning games, that’s the telltale sign that you’re doomed to failure as a manager unless you actually win the league.

His word doesn't mean anything.

2nd October

“We are in a bad moment,” Moshiri said, “but we have played the four title contenders, three away. Today was the only unexpected loss. The four pre-qualifying Uefa games and two group games on Thursdays haven’t helped. There is mental and physical fatigue and seven injuries. These are early days and Koeman has my total support. We have great fans and they deserve better. We know the honest and objective expectations of our supporters and will not let them down.”

2 league games later;

23rd October

Just end it FFS.

Do we really want to be in the bottom 3 before we fire him and then needing these gutless set of players to grow a heart and a pair of bollox for a relegation fight.

He will be fired within a month from now 100% so why wait for 3-4 games to pass us by which leaves us less games to get the sufficient points total.

Apparently we need to be skelped by Arsenal and Chelsea first

Honestly I don't know what to think right now

He's been dealt a bad hand with the injuries and FFP restrictions, but I also think he's been lacking tactically and he's such a divisive unpopular appointment that anything other than good-average results was going to create this current atmosphere

He's just got too much working against him now I think and I don't see him pulling it back, so it's probably worth just cutting our losses

Moshiri needs to make a decision one way or the other. If he's still the man then he needs to conference Brands and make sure we have a way of getting him some new players in when January comes, either through loans or through getting some of these anchors off the books so we can actually spend a bit of money

If he's not the man for the job then Moshiri needs to already be thinking of who the new appointment will be, even if it means leaving Benitez in for a couple more games whilst the wheels get in motion

Either way, Moshiri needs to be a leader, and fast

Status
Not open for further replies.