2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is that the fans hate Benitez and it’s creating an even more toxic environment. So while the state of the squad may not be his fault, him being here is just adding another problem.

This is what those who defend Benitez don't take into consideration, he was always going to be a toxic appointment from the off.

His word doesn't mean anything.

2nd October

“We are in a bad moment,” Moshiri said, “but we have played the four title contenders, three away. Today was the only unexpected loss. The four pre-qualifying Uefa games and two group games on Thursdays haven’t helped. There is mental and physical fatigue and seven injuries. These are early days and Koeman has my total support. We have great fans and they deserve better. We know the honest and objective expectations of our supporters and will not let them down.”

2 league games later;

23rd October

He's going to give him January

Nailed on now

Apparently we need to be skelped by Arsenal and Chelsea first

Honestly I don't know what to think right now

He's been dealt a bad hand with the injuries and FFP restrictions, but I also think he's been lacking tactically and he's such a divisive unpopular appointment that anything other than good-average results was going to create this current atmosphere

He's just got too much working against him now I think and I don't see him pulling it back, so it's probably worth just cutting our losses

Moshiri needs to make a decision one way or the other. If he's still the man then he needs to conference Brands and make sure we have a way of getting him some new players in when January comes, either through loans or through getting some of these anchors off the books so we can actually spend a bit of money

If he's not the man for the job then Moshiri needs to already be thinking of who the new appointment will be, even if it means leaving Benitez in for a couple more games whilst the wheels get in motion

Either way, Moshiri needs to be a leader, and fast

Moshiri isn’t going to consider who the new manager could be until Benitez is actually gone. At which point he’ll be googling who the Atalanta and Real Sociedad managers are or someone equally unrealistic so we can waste another 6 weeks with Dunc in charge.

This is what those who defend Benitez don't take into consideration, he was always going to be a toxic appointment from the off.

Yup, and he never did anything to try and address that either

Instead the onus was put on the supporters who didn't like him to just accept him without him doing any groundwork himself to meet them part of the way

That was never going to work

Do wonder though if we need to stick it out - sacking manager after manager hasn't worked.

This squad is rotten.

They delivered the same form under Ancelotti for the last 13 of last season, as Benitez for the first 13 of this. Both title winning, champions league winning managers.

That's why to me it suggests the identity, the core of this team are wrong'uns.

Benitez spoke about the board knowing the problem. Ancelotti and Coleman spoke of attitude problems.

Brands brought most of these in - he's failed to do a sense check on character IMO.

When we finished 17th with Moyes, we stuck with him. That worked out alright.
I said it the other day but the players have changed. Last night we had 3 starters who signed this year and 3 who signed last year so the majority of the team that started had never seen a manager sacked how does that fit with this idea of the same players downing tools and getting managers sacked?

Do wonder though if we need to stick it out - sacking manager after manager hasn't worked.

This squad is rotten.

They delivered the same form under Ancelotti for the last 13 of last season, as Benitez for the first 13 of this. Both title winning, champions league winning managers.

That's why to me it suggests the identity, the core of this team are wrong'uns.

Benitez spoke about the board knowing the problem. Ancelotti and Coleman spoke of attitude problems.

Brands brought most of these in - he's failed to do a sense check on character IMO.

When we finished 17th with Moyes, we stuck with him. That worked out alright.
That has largely been my thoughts throughout this session. The problems lie much deeper than just the manger and we really need stability.

While Benitez was never going to be given time by the Goodison crowd and he seems to be stubbornly doubling down on his decisions to compensate. Perhaps the most troubling thing is that he has become a human shield for a failing board that hired him and a group of players who know they can deliver half arsed performances with little jeopardy because the manager will shoulder the blame and we cannot afford to sell them cheaply or replace them effectively.

That doesn't fall at Benitez's door, that's on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.