2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And who’s job is it to instill desire and hunger into the players?
Managers job all day long but what about a bit of self pride from these players .I tell you now if any of us were lucky enough to be in these players positions we wouldn’t need any manager to install passion or desire in us .Going back to our greats you think Bally or Peter Reid needed a manager to pamper them and make sure they were up for it .Simple as this and it kills me to say it Liverpool players wanted it more from the very first whistle last night and that is inexcusable.

Only on an interim basis. Nothing wrong with putting an interim in place before christmas during a season

Would give him the rest of the season. Seriously.

I don't see how fans can't have more faith behind it when he's got more credentials than Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Ole, Arteta had for their jobs.

that’s why he’s gotta go. know plan b like the others. he’s not and can’t turn it around so do it asap i mean we’re 3 points of the bottom
That is it, I always go back to Moyes when we are in a position like this, Moyes could fix things when they were broken, to be fair big Sam could ( but with dire football) Carlos was on a downward spiral and was sensible to get out before it go that bad. Dunc till summer then reevaluate then.

I think we need to dip into the loan market, regardless of who the manager is

Can't see us spending actual money in January unless we can shift one of the FFP anchors off the books like Tosun
I’d be amazed if our record signing hasn’t been charged or has a no further action by the end of the next window, so hopefully the player or the wages will be available.

Managers job all day long but what about a bit of self pride from these players .I tell you now if any of us were lucky enough to be in these players positions we wouldn’t need any manager to install passion or desire in us .Going back to our greats you think Bally or Peter Reid needed a manager to pamper them and make sure they were up for it .Simple as this and it kills me to say it Liverpool players wanted it more from the very first whistle last night and that is inexcusable.

Do wonder though if we need to stick it out - sacking manager after manager hasn't worked.

This squad is rotten.

They delivered the same form under Ancelotti for the last 13 of last season, as Benitez for the first 13 of this. Both title winning, champions league winning managers.

That's why to me it suggests the identity, the core of this team are wrong'uns.

Benitez spoke about the board knowing the problem. Ancelotti and Coleman spoke of attitude problems.

Brands brought most of these in - he's failed to do a sense check on character IMO.

When we finished 17th with Moyes, we stuck with him. That worked out alright.

If I’m on the board then the calculation I’m making is, do we fire Benitez, pay him off and not spend in January on the basis that another manager can do better with this squad or do we hang on to Benitez and give him a few quid in jan to see if he can turn things around. The one thing Moshiri won’t want to do is jeopardise PL status and the income that comes with it.
Say Rafael goes and Dunc comes in, I would spend a bit just to bolster the squad up, but Dunc I’m sure would get some of these players working harder. The way things look I’m not sure they are really training anywhere bear enough. They are just embarrassing every manager, I can’t see Dunc taking that from them.

Each to there own am going off what am watching week after week .ask you self this and I hate to say it how much more hungrier we’re them Liverpool players tonight brentford players on Sunday Watford players the other week .
Rondon looked famished as he headed off the pitch.

TBH he would have failed like the rest here, we need to go differen, bit like when we got Moyes all those years ago.
Not saying he would have done what he's done at Chelsea with their available squad, but there is no way he would've failed. I'm beginning to think we got lucky with Moyes, won nothing but had a great identity and I for one was entertained. All I want is to be entertained, which I'm not, not at all!

I hope we do it quick. Just get it done. Get big Dunc in for a few games again and really take our time and get the right man.
Somebody who will come in, rip the squad apart and start again.
It's time for the clean slate protocol.
How when we can't spend any money? Rafael would of done this in the summer if we could spend.

He's been working hard the past couple of games

Back in the Moyes days a rubbish striker who ran his nuts off could have probably found his way into the hearts of the fan base (such as guys like Niasse and Straq)

However, him being a "Benitez Man" has probably tarnished any hope of that for him
No it's his disgraceful performances before last night that have done that. I thought he'd be exactly the type of player the fans like but he turned up about 8 stone overweight and didn't break sweat in his first half dozen games. Last night I thought he did alright because we just asked him to scrap for stuff instead of trying to play and he did ok at that but you can't do that every week.

I’d be amazed if our record signing hasn’t been charged or has a no further action by the end of the next window, so hopefully the player or the wages will be available.

He's going to need quite a while to get back to pace if he's allowed back

Just look at Rondon, and he was actually playing, just in a lesser league

The gentleman in question hasn't been playing at all

Do wonder though if we need to stick it out - sacking manager after manager hasn't worked.

This squad is rotten.

They delivered the same form under Ancelotti for the last 13 of last season, as Benitez for the first 13 of this. Both title winning, champions league winning managers.

That's why to me it suggests the identity, the core of this team are wrong'uns.

Benitez spoke about the board knowing the problem. Ancelotti and Coleman spoke of attitude problems.

Brands brought most of these in - he's failed to do a sense check on character IMO.

When we finished 17th with Moyes, we stuck with him. That worked out alright.

The players didn't really see off the managers. The only good managers we've had in the last decade both jumped ship to bigger teams, in fact 2 of the biggest in the world.

The players are very poor, but so were Koeman, Silva and Martinez. Allardyce was an interim, Duncan and Unsworth were caretakers. Maybe everyone from coaches, managers, to the players has underachieved and the managers got deservedly sacked.

As for Benitez, we all know this will never work. This season is heading towards disaster under him. I'm confused why prolonging the failed experiment makes things better. Surely things just get more and more toxic as we lose more and more games, especially heavily. I don't see how losing more football matches makes it more likely we improve in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.