2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have done it twice already, with both koeman and Silva. When allardyce and carlo were brought in we were 5 and 4 points respectively above relegation places.

If you don't think they are looking and panicking then you have your head in the sand.

Both were in the bottom 3 places - something we are not and wont be for another 2-3 games minimum assuming we wont pick up any more points and any of the below 3 pick up 6+ points in the next 2-3 games.

We're on the verge of breaking FFP - we wont be shelling out on £12+ million pay offs unless absolutely necessary which isn't now as much as fans think it is - the board dont think like fans.

It is inevitable that he is gone now, and he probably knows this.

When the inevitable happens and he is gone and is back to nights and events with Liverpool FC for their fans and the topic of his time at Everton comes up, you can imagine the wry smile on his face and raucous laughter from the mutants.

When you think of the fools who run our club I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves after 6 months - doing considerable damage to the Club - having earned more than he did for actually winning stuff with that lot.

Shows how important DCL is too, despite what his detractors would have you believe

One of my greatest regrets from this period will probably be that we spent so long as a fan base squabbling over how good Dom is that we never had a chance to just sit back and enjoy him

Last season he has a run where he looked the complete striker. Him and Richy are our only real assets...but as you know, as a fanbase we'll leather them until they leave and become successful elsewhere while we wait 5 years to replace them.

Saying that...even with Dom out it doesn't explain how much of a mess defensively we are.

Only on an interim basis. Nothing wrong with putting an interim in place before christmas during a season
It’s a season so far that we’ve had multiple international breaks in which teams usually take stock / make changes and improve with a plan if needed.
Hence there being six ( ? ) sackings already.
This period is key and we’re miles off the pace.
Christ, it’s the fa cup draw on Monday and our embarrassment could get even worse !

They have done it twice already, with both koeman and Silva. When allardyce and carlo were brought in we were 5 and 4 points respectively above relegation places.

If you don't think they are looking and panicking then you have your head in the sand.
TBH I was expecting Benitez to have gone by this morning, I thought like the board Benitez could work and I feel a bit for him as he hasn’t been able to make a mark on this team with his own type of players. But tbh in the dug out he looks lost and devoid of ideas, we’ve seen that before with Koeman and Silva also Martinez so perhaps it’s time just to say it hasn’t worked out, to me it doesn’t look like it ever will.

Both were in the bottom 3 places - something we are not and wont be for another 2-3 games minimum assuming we wont pick up any more points and any of the below 3 pick up 6+ points in the next 2-3 games.

We're on the verge of breaking FFP - we wont be shelling out on £12+ million pay offs unless absolutely necessary which isn't now as much as fans think it is - the board dont think like fans.
If I’m on the board then the calculation I’m making is, do we fire Benitez, pay him off and not spend in January on the basis that another manager can do better with this squad or do we hang on to Benitez and give him a few quid in jan to see if he can turn things around. The one thing Moshiri won’t want to do is jeopardise PL status and the income that comes with it.

Yes we do. No manager will get time with us now. There’s not a single profile of manager who could ride out a bad run. When Martinez had his in the second season we were a far more patient fan base. He even started with a few draws and the fans were still onside.

That wouldn’t be the case now, the only thing Moshiri has ever been right about is if a manager loses three games in a row with us we want him out. Everyone accepts there’s a turnaround job to do, but no one wants it to get worse before it gets better. So it’s quick fix after quick fix, step forward step back, manager fired, manager in, manager fired again.
It's Moshiri's fault though because he has created that culture. He keeps making statements that will inevitably lead to impatience from fans because what we're seeing doesn't tally up with what we're being told. He appointed Benitez in the summer and said the club needs to be at the top of the table and winning things so we've got a manager who is used to doing that so when we're 14th in the table looking down and out of the cup already people are going to say he's not doing a good job because this isn't what they were sold. If he wants patience he needs to make decisions and statements that communicate that to the fans instead of always making out like we're trying to compete at the top end.

TBH I was expecting Benitez to have gone by this morning, I thought like the board Benitez could work and I feel a bit for him as he hasn’t been able to make a mark on this team with his own type of players. But tbh in the dug out he looks lost and devoid of ideas, we’ve seen that before with Koeman and Silva also Martinez so perhaps it’s time just to say it hasn’t worked out, to me it doesn’t look like it ever will.

that’s why he’s gotta go. know plan b like the others. he’s not and can’t turn it around so do it asap i mean we’re 3 points of the bottom

If I’m on the board then the calculation I’m making is, do we fire Benitez, pay him off and not spend in January on the basis that another manager can do better with this squad or do we hang on to Benitez and give him a few quid in jan to see if he can turn things around. The one thing Moshiri won’t want to do is jeopardise PL status and the income that comes with it.

I think we need to dip into the loan market, regardless of who the manager is

Can't see us spending actual money in January unless we can shift one of the FFP anchors off the books like Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.