2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And put who in the dugout?
Dave, just about any competent manager would get more out of this team. You know when a player’s legs have gone? Well Benitez is the managerial version of that. He is finished. I’ll be honest with you, I thought his football was horrific when he was in his heyday, but, at least it got results, now it’s horrific and we have beaten only Norwich in our last 10 games.

I hope we appoint a safe pair of hands, who does not go by the name of Allardyce, to see out the season and that we use that time to identify and secure our next long term manager. He can then take over in the summer and get a pre season in with the team.

There are loads more problems at the club, we are all aware of that, but, this is the one that needs addressing most urgently.

You're actually comparing unfavourably a CL winner with some cone flunky from FF who thinks the club owe him a living until he's 80. .

Yes. Cos at the moment I would like someone to care about the club, who would be hurting after today just like the Cone Layer would be.

Rafael will go home like it rough day at the office. Look at his trophy from 20 years ago and his bank balance, and sleep like a baby.

Dave, just about any competent manager would get more out of this team. You know when a player’s legs have gone? Well Benitez is the managerial version of that. He is finished. I’ll be honest with you, I thought his football was horrific when he was in his heyday, but, at least it got results, now it’s horrific and we have beaten only Norwich in our last 10 games.

I hope we appoint a safe pair of hands, who does not go by the name of Allardyce, to see out the season and that we use that time to identify and secure our next long term manager. He can then take over in the summer and get a pre season in with the team.

There are loads more problems at the club, we are all aware of that, but, this is the one that needs addressing most urgently.

Just like Jose. Utterly busted as a top manager but bankable as a name

That won’t be true. An appointment as divisive as this one is undoubtedly doomed to failure, eventually.

Those that want him out will get their wish in the end - and they certainly won’t give up if he survives this period.

I’m increasingly of a mind that employing him was a mistake. I don’t blame him personally - and I’d prefer him to be a success as I would any Everton manager - but I fear this divide in the fanbase won’t ever be bridged while he’s here.
Wins change minds.

Early aprt of the season underlined that. The blow hards were down to a slim minority.

Never rule anything out in football.

Literally been here all night. Rafael isn't leaving. Even in his post match comments he was speaking about the transfer window and beyond.

A manager leaving would be saying let's see.
A rolling contract manager maybe. Not the one with the chunky brass neck a golden goodbye contract affords.

Not for me mate. You can't stick with someone who is so clearly the wrong choice.

There are tons of other managers out there.

Favre is the most experienced of ones that are available/unattached, and would definitely be able to shake things up even on an interim basis in the Rangnick mould. I'd have him in a heartbeat, should have gone for him in the summer. He very, very nearly joined Palace before deciding he wanted a break. He's a fantastic coach but you could have him there for a year or so with the plan being for him to lay the foundations heading into the new ground and then be the DoF, which he'd be good at. but it'd be a push to get him now, absolutely.
Thats a good idea as I think it's clear now that Brands needs replacing and having a DoF that can do it from the sidelines as well would surely be a bonus. I'm not suggesting Favre as I've no idea how good or bad he is tbh but the idea I like. I'm just at a loss mate and while I think lots in here could probably suggest good ideas like yours the board seem to only make bad decisions

Yes. Cos at the moment I would like someone to care about the club, who would be hurting after today just like the Cone Layer would be.

Rafael will go home like it rough day at the office. Look at his trophy from 20 years ago and his bank balance, and sleep like a baby.
Dont be naive. He's here for the cash. He's mugged you and a load of others off for years.

Well he does have them in the training ground everyday, so clearly they’re not drilled

Like I said, I’m not obsessed with keeping the manager, fire him, don’t fire him, it won’t make any difference.

These players are rancid, they’ll have any manager under the bus within 12 months. That’s not me defending Benitez, people re honing in on him so much though they are taking criticism of players who have failed for 5 years as somehow being a defence of the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.