2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

We haven’t won since September…yes the board is awful, yes the players are dire but the buck will always stop with the manager.

If it was ancelotti I’d say he should be sacked…if it was Ferguson I’d say he should be sacked…it’s benitez and I think he should be sacked.

It’s all well and good wanting stability. But keeping hold of a manager who just keeps losing games makes no sense.

I think we are in deep trouble this year if we keep or him or if we replace him tbh - but I can’t believe that in the entire world of football there isn’t a manager out there can get a better tune out of this squad if players.

Keane and Digne are on the training vids laughing all the time. Half the time Keane is doing shooting practice by the looks of it. Wtf is he doing that for? What are they laughing about? They should be getting drilled within an inch of their life on that training pitch given the form we’re in. It should be nothing but unrelenting hard work to try and improve. Instead it’s ‘Keano’ leathering balls at a reserve keeper: it’s a holiday camp.
That is on the manager then.

You are allowed to be of the opinion that some of this isn't Benitez doing and some is.

The crux of it is that he isn't the solution. Even if he was more competent, he still isn't the solution.

The appointment has absolutely caused chaos amongst the fanbase and was always going to.
I fear for the future of the club tbh.

If Moshiri et Al are happy to sign off appointing Benitez knowing the situation it causes, then christ knows what else they will sign off on.
This is a good point tbh

Precisely.

And THAT is playing on the minds of an awful lot of people who desperately want Benitez out. They know if he gets another shot at this he may well get a big win and their chance to get him out is gone forever.

I think he'll get that shot too.
That won’t be true. An appointment as divisive as this one is undoubtedly doomed to failure, eventually.

Those that want him out will get their wish in the end - and they certainly won’t give up if he survives this period.

I’m increasingly of a mind that employing him was a mistake. I don’t blame him personally - and I’d prefer him to be a success as I would any Everton manager - but I fear this divide in the fanbase won’t ever be bridged while he’s here.

We haven’t won since September…yes the board is awful, yes the players are dire but the buck will always stop with the manager.

If it was ancelotti I’d say he should be sacked…if it was Ferguson I’d say he should be sacked…it’s benitez and I think he should be sacked.

It’s all well and good wanting stability. But keeping hold of a manager who just keeps losing games makes no sense.

I think we are in deep trouble this year if we keep or him or if we replace him tbh - but I can’t believe that in the entire world of football there isn’t a manager out there can get a better tune out of this squad if players.
As I keep saying we don’t need a ‘tune’ in the grand scheme of things.

Just someone who can pick up a few wins here and there to keep us out of the drop zone.

Benitez is one of the very bottom rung of managers who is incapable of doing that bare minimum unfortunately

It was a terrible appointment but sacking him won't change anything. The squad's terrible and there's no money to do anything about it. That's probably the worst part for me, there isn't even a path forward out of this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.