2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes injuries bad luck. Money to spend he must have known before he took the job. However, his management of the resources he has is not good. He looks lost to me
Ha Ha Ha.

The resources are turd. They need gotten rid of not coaching.

When have you seen Keane, Digne or Coleman physically laughing and joking after conceding? Be absolutely honest because it’s never happened

Keane and Digne are on the training vids laughing all the time. Half the time Keane is doing shooting practice by the looks of it. Wtf is he doing that for? What are they laughing about? They should be getting drilled within an inch of their life on that training pitch given the form we’re in. It should be nothing but unrelenting hard work to try and improve. Instead it’s ‘Keano’ leathering balls at a reserve keeper: it’s a holiday camp.

Didn't see the 5-0 drubbing to Man City last year?

Carlo had the fortune of having a Calvert-Lewin as a striker, James slipping world class balls to Richarlison for a Derby victory and Mina available more often than not. Rafael has Rondon and Townsend...

I actually don't disagree with you to a large extent - I am just trying to point out that Rafael has had to deal with significantly larger headwinds than Carlo did.

I am incredibly frustrated with his inability to change things up, Carlo at least tinkered a number of times with formations etc...

Definition of insane is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, I am just struggling to see how a managerial change (where we can't dangle the carrot of spending our way out of it to a manager who is brave enough to even think about taking this on) will actually stop this rot.

Those players (Dom, James) win you games. Rafael still has a squad not to lose games. He's not doing that.

If you're in poor form and you don't think you've got the bodies to win a game...then set up not to lose. Battle through it because if you keep losing (and losing heavily) the players lose their confidence, then their belief in the manager.

Losing 1.0 to the RS at home gives you faith in a system. Losing 4 or 5 gives zero faith in it.

You really can’t point to Rondon and Townsend being the weak links in a defence of Benitez..
Well you really can, he was given 1.7m to spend, so has been forced to buy average players and due to injury, have to play them.

Carlo got James (6 goals, 9 assists)
Rafael got Rondon (0 goals, 0 assists)

But you and I are not paid to make those decisions mate. It's a shame we can't trust the people who are paid to do so make the right ones.
6 seasons we've been at this lark mate, 6 seasons. Maybe its apathy making me say stick with Benitez and see what happens but unless Pep fancies a change of scene I'm stumped.

1. The fat kopite pig spawned a CL win with another man’s team
2. Not once have I said I wanted Ferguson in the dugout

Try again dave, after you’ve scraped yourself off the bottom of the barrel you now reside in
So what manager will you finally give support to? Because you haven't backed one since Ilve posted here from 2008.

You are a career insurrectionist. You cant settle unless you're trying to unseat an Everton manager.

Keane and Digne are on the training vids laughing all the time. Half the time Keane is doing shooting practice by the looks of it. Wtf is he doing that for? What are they laughing about? They should be getting drilled within an inch of their life on that training pitch given the form we’re in. It should be nothing but unrelenting hard work to try and improve. Instead it’s ‘Keano’ leathering balls at a reserve keeper: it’s a holiday camp.
Isn't that the managers fault?

You are allowed to be of the opinion that some of this isn't Benitez doing and some is.

The crux of it is that he isn't the solution. Even if he was more competent, he still isn't the solution.

The appointment has absolutely caused chaos amongst the fanbase and was always going to.
I fear for the future of the club tbh.

If Moshiri et Al are happy to sign off appointing Benitez knowing the situation it causes, then christ knows what else they will sign off on.

6 seasons we've been at this lark mate, 6 seasons. Maybe its apathy making me say stick with Benitez and see what happens but unless Pep fancies a change of scene I'm stumped.
Not for me mate. You can't stick with someone who is so clearly the wrong choice.

There are tons of other managers out there.

Favre is the most experienced of ones that are available/unattached, and would definitely be able to shake things up even on an interim basis in the Rangnick mould. I'd have him in a heartbeat, should have gone for him in the summer. He very, very nearly joined Palace before deciding he wanted a break. He's a fantastic coach but you could have him there for a year or so with the plan being for him to lay the foundations heading into the new ground and then be the DoF, which he'd be good at. but it'd be a push to get him now, absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.