2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the vicious circle in a nutshell mate.

We need a manager to be backed through a crisis to get at sorting this toxic club out.
Yes, but not this manager. He is an integral part of the Toxicity The atmosphere around the place will never improve until he is gone. He really hasn’t got a clue how to deal with the modern game and, because of who he is, the paucity of his management will be multiplied by 10 in the eyes of a significant amount of our fans.

I think it is best for all concerned if he is gone quickly, it’s not so much tonight that has brought me to that conclusion, as bad as his team set up was and as bizarre as his subs were. It’s the fact that he does the same thing week after week and it just isn’t working.

Even the fans who were more accepting will now struggle to give him the time of day. He’s on a hiding to nothing and that can only damage the club.
Yup pretty much.

Even the ones defending him know that is the case but don't want to admit it.

Our mess is not Benitez's fault at all, everyone can see that, but he is not and never was the solution. That's not even a knock on his abilities, he is just not suited to what is being asked of him. If he was taking over when Koeman took charge lets say, with the basis of a good side, he may have done a decent job. This was not the job for him.

Yes, but not this manager. He is an integral part of the Toxicity The atmosphere around the place will never improve until he is gone. He really hasn’t got a clue how to deal with the modern game and, because of who he is, the paucity of his management will be multiplied by 10 in the eyes of a significant amount of our fans.

I think it is best for all concerned if he is gone quickly, it’s not so much tonight that has brought me to that conclusion, as bad as his team set up was and as bizarre as his subs were. It’s the fact that he does the same thing week after week and it just isn’t working.
And it's why it was an incredibly stupid appointment

To compound that by the bloke having nothing to spend (which I do feel for him a bit on but then again he chased Rondon all summer and we gave him a fat wage and 2-year deal with option for a 3rd) made it even more stupid.

"Kenwright get him out"...as if that tool makes any decisions.

Meanwhile Moshiri is on his yacht not arsed and Benitez will get a few more games to turn it around.

So what does that mean though? We stick with the useless one we've got?
I honestly don't know mate. I can't think of one manager who'd do better with us, our position, squad and how we're run as a club. Yes we'd prob get the new guy bounce and this season is saved from disaster but ultimately ends in nothing again then when these players decide they can't be arsed for the new guy we're back here again. Maybe Roy Keane is the answer, someone who'll knock 7 bells out of them for lack of effort. That's a joke BTW not advocating that mentalist lol

Carlo did enough to make them look like a unit and team last season. Horrible to watch for the most part but we never suffered huge defeats, won some games we would never have thought we could, have the 2nd highest points total under Moshiri.

Benitez has come in...we can't defend as a team, we can't attack as a team. He'd rather lose and stick to his guns than adapt to get points. There's no cohesion, no real plan, not even a hint of something that you're waiting to click and feel "yes, this is going in the right direction".

He's done as a coach. Confused with what he's got, what he wants, and what he's getting but won't change. His next step will be to blame the transfers/board after blaming injuries.
Didn't see the 5-0 drubbing to Man City last year?

Carlo had the fortune of having a Calvert-Lewin as a striker, James slipping world class balls to Richarlison for a Derby victory and Mina available more often than not. Rafael has Rondon and Townsend...

I actually don't disagree with you to a large extent - I am just trying to point out that Rafael has had to deal with significantly larger headwinds than Carlo did.

I am incredibly frustrated with his inability to change things up, Carlo at least tinkered a number of times with formations etc...

Definition of insane is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, I am just struggling to see how a managerial change (where we can't dangle the carrot of spending our way out of it to a manager who is brave enough to even think about taking this on) will actually stop this rot.

It'll be Ferguson Toff once Benitez gets sacked. You know it will be! You know how that boardroom works, they won't be able to prize Moyes, it'll be Ferguson.
I agree. He has learnt from working under various different managers. On this island in Greece........... they opened an Indian Restaurant and brought in an Indian chef. The place went really well, all while the owners Mum was sat watching in the kitchen. Season later the chef was gone and the owners Mum was cooking in the kitchen. Closed within 3 months.

I honestly don't know mate. I can't think of one manager who'd do better with us, our position, squad and how we're run as a club. Yes we'd prob get the new guy bounce and this season is saved from disaster but ultimately ends in nothing again then when these players decide they can't be arsed for the new guy we're back here again. Maybe Roy Keane is the answer, someone who'll knock 7 bells out of them for lack of effort. That's a joke BTW not advocating that mentalist lol
Carlo Ancelotti was doing better with them

Status
Not open for further replies.