2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Benitez is staying for the time being.

Whether that's to get a new boss lined up I dont know.

But anyone expecting decisions in the next few days or weeks will be wasting their time. And if in that period we get a morale boosting win, we could yet see a lot more time handed to the manager as the table is tight and a win will get us a leg up there.

I know that'll be a disappointment to those who have set their ambitions of installing the cone laying galloot in the dugout, but there it is.

The reason he gets paid in the millions of pounds is because he should have the experience to handle an injury hit side no matter what club he is managing, he appeared to me to look more nervous than the players. He is not good enough, he proved that at Newcastle but he is not alone there are enough on the board that should be hanging their heads in shame for taking us to the brink because of their incompetence.

Exactly, and seeing him do that so blatantly at Brentford was what broke me. How many managers in the modern era have been a goal down and refused to make a sub? Had Townsend not been likely to get a red he probably would have ended it with the same 11 he started it with, just to make a point.

Martinez and Silva did the exact same thing. Didn't end well (at least Martinez had a better squad).

The mental gymnastics you constantly display in your attempts to deflect any criticism away from Benitez are unbelievable

I’m not arsed if Benitez gets criticism. Couldn’t care less. I just don’t understand fans so obsessed with him that they won’t criticise anyone but him.

Coleman is literally slotting Salah in and people are moaning about Benitez.

Like I said, whatever, fire him, don’t fire him, I said it makes no difference. Whilst we have utter chancers at the club in the board and playing squad we are going nowhere. If changing manager helps people feel better about it for a while then fine, have at it Everton, we’ll be back here in 12 months when it happens again.

It would force us into buying a right back. He’s fleecing the club. This same charade every season from him, complete and utter crap until a manager is fired then does just enough to avoid someone replacing him in the summer.

He’s an unprofessional coward who should just get out the club and stop plaguing us with his nonsense football. He’s an Utter fool. No other club would out up with this.

We've already been forced into buying a right-back ffs!! Because our current options aren't fit for purpose. So all we've done is either play Coleman or keep Kenny on the bench or play two CBs there.

Not having this. Is Coleman good enough, no! Not at all.

But you've come out of this insisting our one RB - who this manager btw signed off on giving a new deal to in the summer - should retire and it's his fault?

This manager is awful, he needs to go.

Coleman should be at the very best a player who plays 10 games a season and is there as the club captain. That's it. But he's not because of how bad the recruitment has been.

Usually I would agree with the merry go round thing. This is different though. Benitez was never ever the answer. He is/was a good manager when he can do what made him good, walking in to already decent sides, spending loads of money and going from there. There is nothing on his CV to suggest he was remotely the right man for the job. Add to that the obvious other issues which shouldn't matter but obviously do and it was a disaster waiting to happen. I don't even hate Benitez, it was a doomed job from the beginning and fair play to him for even attempting to do it but it aint going to work.

Moshiri has really backed himself into a corner with this one.
I'm just sort of saying to back him a little while longer as I honestly have no idea what the other option is. Maybe Dunc would do a good job but I'd want us on more points before even considering him. The position we're in is a bit too precarious for my liking and no I don't want a big Sam type either. Really not sure where we go if Benitez gets sacked after today or if we lose to Arsenal. And as you sort of pointed out there, the board keep hiring the wrong people

Looks like Benitez is staying for the time being.

Whether that's to get a new boss lined up I dont know.

But anyone expecting decisions in the next few days or weeks will be wasting their time. And if in that period we get a morale boosting win, we could yet see a lot more time handed to the manager as the table is tight and a win will get us a leg up there.

I know that'll be a disappointment to those who have set their ambitions of installing the cone laying galloot in the dugout, but there it is.

The cone layer could at least set up a side that looked organised compared to this Spanish has-been.

Status
Not open for further replies.