2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he is in virtually the same position points and gameswise into the season as Silva was when he got sacked because relegation was apparently a possibility and we needed allardyce to "save us". Its so similar to the point of Silva lost his last 3 games in charge, with a hammering to Liverpool in his final game.

Difference is, Silva got the players on side for his first season and finished 8th. Benitez hasn't even got the players on side 15 games in to his first season if you believe his fanboys on here saying its the players fault for downing tools and letting him down.
Silva also didn't win a game in his first season for 3 months and had a summer transfer window. That's hardly getting the players onside (he had the same record at Watford and they sacked him for it , we gave him another 10 months and chance to sign iwobi.....)

Silva bought a euros winning midfielder and top club experienced defender from Barcelona , a Brazilian international midfielder and a 35 million plus Brazilian attacker.

Benitez with the same record as you say got a 30 year old free transfer , a third choice gk, a player who was sold twice within 6 months and a free transfer 3rd choice striker. As well as a squad that was fire saled in the summer, a vice captain in policy custody, both strikers injured.....

In fact part of the issue with the team is the likes of iwobi and gomes who Silva signed.

You can't compare a manager with a spend of 1.7 million with one that had 70 million that window. Not can you compare him to one that had 50 million in a window , 150 plus million in a window etc.

Like I've said above, either the players are under performing and therefore good players , or they aren't and therefore that's why results are going the way they are to some extent.

I don't use as a defence of this waste of space that you and others are doing.

Quoting the same amount over and over adds nothing to the case for the defence of him, has he been hamstrung by it, of course, is it an excuse for his inability to see an opportunity to take it to Brentford who were there for the taking 2nd half and bring some keen, eager lads into the fray to at least try and salvage something?

No it bloody well isn't. He is done so stick your 1.7 million where the sun don't shine, it's not acceptable.
Dixieslaces wont have the waste of space who won the CL, Europa League and two La Liga titles.

lol

My hunch is that - despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on this forum - the owner is intent on sticking with him until he's handed him cash to spend...derby walloping and poor run continuing or not.

That's the only thing you can say about the carpetbagger, he's always made cash available and backed a manager. Summer was out of the question without a big sale. The situation will be slightly different in January.

I know that wont be accepted by those hoping he's sacked, but that's how I would read it.

My hunch is that - despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on this forum - the owner is intent on sticking with him until he's handed him cash to spend...derby walloping and poor run continuing run or not.

That's the only thing you can say about the carpetbagger, he's always made cash avaiable and backed a manager. Summer was out of the wquestion withoiut a big sale. The situation will be slightly different in January.

I know that wont be accepted by those hoping he's sacked, but that's how I would read it.
Do you reckon if we lose the next 5 in a row he’ll keep his job Dave? I think Moshiri would be an incredibly brave man not to sack him.

Silva also didn't win a game in his first season for 3 months and had a summer transfer window. That's hardly getting the players onside (he had the same record at Watford and they sacked him for it , we gave him another 10 months and chance to sign iwobi.....)

Silva bought a euros winning midfielder and top club experienced defender from Barcelona , a Brazilian international midfielder and a 35 million plus Brazilian attacker.

Benitez with the same record as you say got a 30 year old free transfer , a third choice gk, a player who was sold twice within 6 months and a free transfer 3rd choice striker. As well as a squad that was fire saled in the summer, a vice captain in policy custody, both strikers injured.....

In fact part of the issue with the team is the likes of iwobi and gomes who Silva signed.

You can't compare a manager with a spend of 1.7 million with one that had 70 million that window. Not can you compare him to one that had 50 million in a window , 150 plus million in a window etc.

Like I've said above, either the players are under performing and therefore good players , or they aren't and therefore that's why results are going the way they are to some extent.
When did Silva not win a game for 3 months? Can you clarify those 3 months for me please.

Chance to sign iwobi? That was a brands masterstroke through and through when we didn't get Zaha. Gomes was also a good signing initially until he got injured.

Also, a top club experienced defender? Do you mean mina? Who played what, 5 games for Barcelona? Who is now considered by most on here as our best defender. Also, richie is one of our best players. They surely benefit benitez right?

What fire sale took place this summer? Bernard and James both left under his watch. Kean wasn't here last season anyway.

This squad finished mid table last season. They are decent players. If they are under performing, it's on the manager to get them to perform. He isn't doing that.

My hunch is that - despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on this forum - the owner is intent on sticking with him until he's handed him cash to spend...derby walloping and poor run continuing or not.

That's the only thing you can say about the carpetbagger, he's always made cash available and backed a manager. Summer was out of the question without a big sale. The situation will be slightly different in January.

So he’s a “carpetbagger” who always gives money.
You sure you aren’t pissed?

What is your definition of a carpetbagger? Please explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.