2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of those wouldn't have had the worst form in 15 years.

Benitez will never work. Fans who are demanding patience are hurting the club's long term welfare. Those of us who said this would all play out like this have been totally vindicated but I take zero pleasure in that. I'm just totally disappointed and disillusioned at the laughing stock we have became.

Nothing even begins to improve until we remove the manager and start fresh. This is a truly dark time for the club, I can't even watch this embarassment of a team. It's not Everton.
But we've removed 4 of our last 5 managers and not improved.
Nothing will improve if Brands is still buying the players, Dunc being forced on new managers, bad smell of ex players stinking the place out and Kenwright being Kenwright.
I really fear for us but this isn't on Benitez for me.

I criticised him for some baffling square peg in round holes decisions l like playing Iwobi at LB over Nkounkou, playing 4 CM's away from home at Newcastle when we had wide players on the bench and constantly changing the back line even without injuries but I never called for his head 24/7 like you're seeing with Benitez from day one.

We're in a slump at the moment but the squads the real issue - I would rather we take short term pain for long term gain and see Benitez boot half of em out the door than keep sacking managers and giving them another 12 months at the club.
Your blind faith in such a bad manager means you deserve every bit of mockery you get on here.
What’s your weird obsession with this manager? Any other manager and you wouldn’t be giving them this compassion.

No manager could do better with this squad of players and this injury list. It's worth reminding people that.

With that being said , the lack of change today has started me on the path of concerned. It wasn't the bringing on all the strikers that was the problem but the lack of actual change to the game. It was clear it wasn't turning up anything other than half chances and there were players on the pitch who as the second half went on, became liabities with the chances we were creating.

Benitez can't be blamed for the players he can pick from but if the team doesn't have fight , have change within the game and most importantly fresh faces at a time when they need them, he will only be making his own cross.

Dobbins , Simms , tosun may not have come on and won the game for us, or even made an impact for those last 20 minutes. But rondon didn't either, it was blind faith in a player who so far hasn't earned that here.

The Derby is a write off , we knew that a while ago. But there needs to be some heart and fight being shown when it isn't the kopites on the pitch , otherwise benitez will have to be sacked, even if the blame should be placed at the people above him.
I think saying no manager could have got more than 2 points in 7 games is a big call.

But we've removed 4 of our last 5 managers and not improved.
Nothing will improve if Brands is still buying the players, Dunc being forced on new managers, bad smell of ex players stinking the place out and Kenwright being Kenwright.
I really fear for us but this isn't on Benitez for me.

Brands obviously has to go too. Where did I say I supported Brands

These arguments from the Benitez fans are getting more and more confusing

To just sack Benitez off you're talking £12 million mate and thats not including his backroom staff.

Makes zero sense when no one better is available mid season.

Makes zero sense considering they've allowed him to do a full review on the backroom staff and have this week told the u23s and u18s to start playing Rafas system.

Doesn't sound like a board which is about to sack someone. Sounds like a board who are behind a long term project.

Honestly I don’t think training matters when it comes to coming on as a sub for 10 minutes. We weren’t going to score if we played for a week, you have to gamble in that situation.
Agreed. Using just the one sub was wrong. Thought we'd of least seen Delph at some point.

To just sack Benitez off you're talking £12 million mate and thats not including his backroom staff.

Makes zero sense when no one better is available mid season.
It's a catch 22.

Benitez needs time to bring new players in alongside the likes of lewen coming back to be given a fighting chance. However he also can't keep losing games, the league doesn't really give any safety blanket for a manager being hung out to dry by his employers.

In a way we deserve this. We deserve to be terrible , the blame has been on years of terrible recruitment. So iregardless of whether you back or otherwise the manager here, this is the end result of the moshiri era on the pitch. Eventually it had to catch up to us and it has done in a big way.

Perhaps the board realise this, perhaps they are willing to accept our current situation because they finally see it for what it is.

Makes zero sense considering they've allowed him to do a full review on the backroom staff and have this week told the u23s and u18s to start playing Rafas system.

Doesn't sound like a board which is about to sack someone. Sounds like a board who are behind a long term project.
If we didn’t already know you’re not an Everton fan we do now. Nobody who supports this club would believe that they actually think about those things.

Brands obviously has to go too. Where did I say I supported Brands

These arguments from the Benitez fans are getting more and more confusing
I'm not and never will be a fan of him. I am just saying that changing him is not the answer. The problems run much deeper. We change him now and all the other problems remain and nothing will be done about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.