2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an impassioned plea from Phil Kirkbride in the red echo, pleading for Benitezs life. Phil says that a lot needs to change at Everton, but we have to keep Benitez no matter what. Phil i agree with you that a lot needs to change at Everton, but the most crucial aspect of this club, that needs changing right now is the manager!

Four league wins in thirteen games, with our most recent win on September 25th against Norwich. So we haven't won a game in two effing months! You can go on about injuries, having nothing to spend etc, but not winning for two months, should never be viewed as acceptable by this club and it's supporters.

How sad but how appropriate and fitting, that the Benitez era will probably be put to an end on Wednesday evening. Losing against the club he loves the most of all. Talk about dying on your own sword. Moshiri has gotten a lot wrong, during his tenure as owner of this club. Hiring this reviled horrible and odious man, who once bellitled this club, is one of the many things screw ups he's made as owner.

Putting an end to this charade, and taking a step back from the decision making, would be a welcome start, in terms of undoing the damage from this appointment. Actually he doesn't deserve to be here for the derby. Just get rid of Benitez in the morning, and put Dunc in charge for the derby, and let Marcel Brands do the job that he was originally appointed for, by selecting the next manager. Benitez was a gamble, a stupid gamble, that has just blown up in the boards faces. Get out of our club Benitez, you useless kopite muppet!

Last edited:
Simms might never be a premier league player but he is a finisher. If you’re trying to win a game and have someone like gray putting in decent quality then having a natural finisher in the box might be the difference. Players like Chadwick and vellios have shown that you can still make an impact as a young striker without having to be the next big thing.
Agree but if they are showing enough in training then they will get their chance. People are saying they deserve to play now. Why?
Didn't think Rondon did much wrong today. He'd have had his first goal if it wasn't for Iwobi getting in the way.
Also dragged down in the box and nothing given. VAR even said they wouldn't have overruled it if given.

Who was the right choice? Nuno who has already been sacked by Spurs. Howe who hasn't made a very good start at Newcastle. Lampard who keeps failing his interviews. Favre who took one look at Palaces squad and ran a mile.

Any of those wouldn't have had the worst form in 15 years.

Benitez will never work. Fans who are demanding patience are hurting the club's long term welfare. Those of us who said this would all play out like this have been totally vindicated but I take zero pleasure in that. I'm just totally disappointed and disillusioned at the laughing stock we have became.

Nothing even begins to improve until we remove the manager and start fresh. This is a truly dark time for the club, I can't even watch this embarassment of a team. It's not Everton.

Benitez worship?

I simply support the manager mate - I don't like the 2x in midfield and never liked it under Ancelotti but that aside there is little to truly lay at his door the clubs a mess.

You want to waste more of the clubs money to sack him? Sound I dont care but dont expect much to change as no one decent is coming in to replace him.

I’d rather spend the £5 million on sacking Benitez than signing Sean Longstaff.

I'd love them to be world beaters but what they are showing in training must be going against them.

I've heard Iwobi looks like Messi in training which is why he keeps getting picked. Just can't translate it to an actual match. Thought Rondon was slightly better today but he is 4th choice for a reason.
Ahhh, the old "they're crap in training" defence, marvellous.

Iwobi like Messi in training is also a particular highlight.

Really? I seem to remember you kicking him at every opportunity.
But i'll take your word for it.
At least we were looking up the table with ancelotti.
As opposed to sh!tting bricks now with benitez

I criticised him for some baffling square peg in round holes decisions like playing Iwobi at LB over Nkounkou, playing 4 CM's away from home at Newcastle when we had wide players on the bench and constantly changing the back line even without injuries but I never called for his head 24/7 like you're seeing with Benitez from day one.

We're in a slump at the moment but the squads the real issue - I would rather we take short term pain for long term gain and see Benitez boot half of em out the door than keep sacking managers and giving them another 12 months at the club.

Really? I seem to remember you kicking him at every opportunity.
But i'll take your word for it.
At least we were looking up the table with ancelotti.
As opposed to sh!tting bricks now with benitez
He was very sly last year was arl @ForeverBlue92

He didn’t actually come out and say he wanted him sacked, but when other posters were calling for his head the “likes” all came from his direction

Agree but if they are showing enough in training then they will get their chance. People are saying they deserve to play now. Why?
Didn't think Rondon did much wrong today. He'd have had his first goal if it wasn't for Iwobi getting in the way.
Also dragged down in the box and nothing given. VAR even said they wouldn't have overruled it if given.
Honestly I don’t think training matters when it comes to coming on as a sub for 10 minutes. We weren’t going to score if we played for a week, you have to gamble in that situation.

No manager could do better with this squad of players and this injury list. It's worth reminding people that.

With that being said , the lack of change today has started me on the path of concerned. It wasn't the bringing on all the strikers that was the problem but the lack of actual change to the game. It was clear it wasn't turning up anything other than half chances and there were players on the pitch who as the second half went on, became liabities with the chances we were creating.

Benitez can't be blamed for the players he can pick from but if the team doesn't have fight , have change within the game and most importantly fresh faces at a time when they need them, he will only be making his own cross.

Dobbins , Simms , tosun may not have come on and won the game for us, or even made an impact for those last 20 minutes. But rondon didn't either, it was blind faith in a player who so far hasn't earned that here.

The Derby is a write off , we knew that a while ago. But there needs to be some heart and fight being shown when it isn't the kopites on the pitch , otherwise benitez will have to be sacked, even if the blame should be placed at the people above him.

Status
Not open for further replies.