2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need quality but not the lazy/disinterested/always injured kind.

Those players are hard to find hence why clubs like City and Chelsea who can afford them win titles.
Give it a rest mate.
Read the room.
Your sycophantic Benitez worship is convincing nobody.
1 win in 10 and no chance of that changing before Christmas.

kickers-caught.gif

Ave it Raffa

I said it when Carlo was here and I’ll keep on saying it now. I hate our players more that I will hate any manager for the time being. Absolute losers and have been for years now. Can’t understand why it’s always the manager’s fault (whoever they are). I would like to know which manager (who would come within 500 miles of us) would get a tune out of these idiots. I’d love to see our fans en mass turn on the players for once and not the manager every time these frauds down tools.

I can give some slack to Benitez for the absolute state of the squad brands has left him with.

I can give some slack to Benitez for the terrible injury list we currently have (Brentford had a few out as well though).

What I can't give any slack for or forgive Benitez for is allowing Rondon and iwobi to complete 90 minutes today, and only using one sub - just sheet bloody mindedness on his part - ridiculous from the manager.

Should have started Simms or Dobbin anyway, but at least put them on at some point. Sick of it.

By contrast i was very confident we would lose which is fast becoming my attitude before most games.

Confident we'll lose Wednesday as well. This is now serious, we are in a major slump and with the fixtures to come it's likely to get even worse too.

Losing becomes a habit which is very difficult to break, it's s vicious circle. . losing lowers confidence which in turn leads to worse performances and more defeats which further sucks away at any dregs of confidence left leading to us sinking fast into dangerous depths of trouble

Players returning to an abject side, painfully short on confidence, not wanting the ball, distracted by worrying about where on earth the next point is coming from won't revive the sinking ship. The returning players get dragged down to the new depressing level rather than inspire a revival

These are worrying times. .. but Rafà must be the right choice and can't do anything wrong. ...or just maybe he isn't and never was?
This is what worries me about constantly waiting for the best team to be available. Gives an excuse mentality to those on the pitch and those coming back are expected to perform miracles.
Had Brentford played well we could have lost anyway but they were not much good and still did enough to win.
Will an on form DCL and Richarlison be a big improvement? Of course, but unless the other 9 do reasonably well too there are still struggles ahead. Confidence looks shot, leadership on and off the pitch is conspicuous by its absence. Only seems like yesterday we did so well at Old Trafford too!!!!
Oh, and while I am at it, appeal for pennos you divvies!!!!! Show some flipping gumption and fight, fight, fight when you are wearing the Royal Blue Jersey!!!

This is what worries me about constantly waiting for the best team to be available. Gives an excuse mentality to those on the pitch and those coming back are expected to perform miracles.
Had Brentford played well we could have lost anyway but they were not much good and still did enough to win.
Will an on form DCL and Richarlison be a big improvement? Of course, but unless the other 9 do reasonably well too there are still struggles ahead. Confidence looks shot, leadership on and off the pitch is conspicuous by its absence. Only seems like yesterday we did so well at Old Trafford too!!!!
Oh, and while I am at it, appeal for pennos you divvies!!!!! Show some flipping gumption and fight, fight, fight when you are wearing the Royal Blue Jersey!!!
This takes too much effort.

They prefer just to capitulate and concede goals.

They are a big miss indeed, but, trying to replace them with Rondon and Iwobi is madness. He has tried them countless times and it is obvious to everyone bar Benitez that they are not the answer, and in the case of Rondon he is just nowhere near good enough to be playing. He had Tosun, Simms and Dobbin on the bench today, the 2 young kids are an u known quantity ar this level, but, they can at least run and should have been given a chance long ago when you consider who he is continually playing and Tosun, as bad as he is can finish if he is given service.

I think that if we leave Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison out of the equation we can still say that had he have played any 2 of those 3 rather than Rondon and Iwobi, we would have had significantly more goal threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.